实战口语情景对话 第746期:The Rock Band 摇滚乐队
Todd: So, Eoin, I was hoping that you could introduce yourself and talk a little bit about your band.
托德:约恩,我希望你介绍一下自己和你的乐队。
Eoin: Sure. My name's Eoin. I work and live in Beppu in Oita in Japan and I play in a band called Nanbanjin. I play bass guitar. The band... there's three of us in the band — a vocalist and guitarist, myself, and a drummer.
约恩:好的,我是约恩。我在日本大分县别府市工作和生活,是南蛮人乐队的成员。我在乐队里负责演奏贝司。我们乐队一共有三名成员,分别是主唱兼吉他手,我,还有鼓手。
Todd: That's it. Three guys.
托德:好。三名成员。
Eoin: Three guys. Yeah.
约恩:对,三名成员。
Todd: So, one guy sings and also plays guitar?
托德:那有一名成员既唱歌又演奏吉他?
Eoin: That's right.
约恩:没错。
Todd: And then you play the bass guitar?
托德:你演奏贝司?
Eoin: Mh-hm.
约恩:是的。
Todd: And then the drummer?
托德:还有一名鼓手?
Eoin: That's right.
约恩:没错。
Todd: Are you guys all from England, like yourself?
托德:你们都来自英格兰吗?
Eoin: No. I am the only person from England. The singer and guitarist is from Wales, a small country which is next to England, and the drummer is from Japan.
约恩:不是,我是唯一一个英格兰人。主唱兼吉他手来自威尔士,是毗邻英格兰的一个公国,我们的鼓手来自日本。
Todd: That's a pretty mixed group.
托德:真是一个混合的组合。
Eoin: Yeah.
约恩:对。
Todd: So, how did you guys all come together?
托德:那你们是怎么组建乐队的?
Eoin: That's a really long story but I actually originally met the singer and vocalist, who's called Dai. I met him in Oita. We were both teaching English nearby and we got together and did some music stuff together and previously we had a different drummer, a New Zealander who was also doing the same English teaching job in Oita. He went back to New Zealand and after that we enlisted the help of Manabu, the current drummer we have now.
约恩:这说来话长了,一开始我认识了主唱戴。我是在大分县认识他的。我们都在附近教英语,然后我们开始一起做音乐,我们乐队之前的鼓手来自新西兰,他也在大分县从事英语教学。他回新西兰以后,我们得到了现在的鼓手学的帮助。
Todd: That's pretty interesting that just three English teachers from different countries in a pretty small city in Japan... you guys just get together and...
托德:这真有意思,来自不同国家的三名英语老师在日本一个小城市相遇,你们一起组建了乐队……
Eoin: Yeah. It was... Well, I had know Dai for quite awhile before we actually started playing and I played in another band but it wasn't really my type of music and Dai I knew could sing quite well and was into similarish music to me so we got together and tried a few things out and then it just happened, this other guy, who was playing the drums, the New Zealander, was available to help us out and it all started from there.
约恩:对,是这样的……我认识戴很长时间以后,我们才开始一起做音乐,我之前在另一个乐队,不过那个乐队的音乐类型不适合我,我知道戴唱歌很好,而且我们两人对同样的音乐类型感兴趣,所以我们就开始一起做音乐,尝试进行了一些事情,然后刚好那名来自新西兰的鼓手可以帮我们一起做音乐,所以我们就这样组成了乐队。
Todd: And then, what's the name of the band?
托德:你们乐队叫什么名字?
Eoin: Nambanjin
约恩:南蛮人。
Todd: Nanbanjin
托德:南蛮人。
Eoin: That's right.
约恩:没错。
Todd: OK, can you explain the name?
托德:你能解释一下乐队名字的含义吗?
Eoin: Yeah. Nanbanjin was what Japanese people called some of the first Portuguese people to ever come to Japan. It means... if you translate it literally... it means barbarians from the south. Savages from the south, because presumably they thought the Portuguese were pretty savage. We're not Portuguese but we are foreigners and I thought it was quite an appropriate name for a rock band.
约恩:好。南蛮人是日本对第一批来到日本的葡萄牙人的称呼。如果直译的话,意思是从南方来的野蛮人。来自南方的野蛮人,可能是因为他们认为葡萄牙人非常野蛮。我们并不是葡萄牙人,不过我们是外国人,所以我认为这个名字很适合摇滚乐队。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)