和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语情景对话

正文

实战口语情景对话 第1089期:New York Tips 纽约旅行小贴士

2017-12-27来源:和谐英语

Warren: Hey, Antoinette, why don't you tell me about growing up in New York?
沃伦:嘿,安托万内特,和我谈谈你在纽约的成长经历吧。

Antoinette: New York. Warren, why do you want to know about that? Well, growing up in New York was lots of fun. I loved growing up in New York. I couldn't imagine growing up anywhere else.
安托万内特:纽约。沃伦,你为什么想知道这个呢?在纽约成长很有趣。我喜欢在纽约长大。我无法想象在其他地方成长会怎样。

Warren: Really?
沃伦:真的吗?

Antoinette: Yeah, really. The fun things I did – well, lots of movies to go see but I guess you can see movies anywhere in the US. Anywhere in the world for that matter. I enjoyed being able to go to Lincoln Center for concerts or Carnegie Hall and even play in Carnegie Hall. So I did play in Carnegie Hall.
安托万内特:对,真的。我做了很多有趣的事情,我去电影院看了很多电影,不过我想美国任何地方都可以看电影。就这点而言,世界任何地方都可以办到。我喜欢去林肯中心和卡内基音乐厅看演出,我甚至还在卡内基音乐厅表演过。我真的在卡内基音乐厅表演过。

Warren: Wow. Well, that's exciting.
沃伦:哇哦。那真人兴奋。

Antoinette: Have you ever been to New York?
安托万内特:你去过纽约吗?

Warren: I have.
沃伦:去过。

Antoinette: You have.
安托万内特:你去过。

Warren: Yeah. I've been there twice.
沃伦:对,我去过纽约两次。

Antoinette: Okay. What did you do when you were there?
安托万内特:好。你去纽约哪些地方游玩了?

Warren: The first time, I was with my mother. I was 12 years old. And we went to Central Park and we saw some museums around Central Park.
沃伦:我第一次去纽约是和我妈妈一起去的。当时我12岁。我们去了纽约中央公园,我看到纽约中央公园周边有一些博物馆。

Antoinette: You didn't go into the museums?
安托万内特:你没进博物馆吗?

Warren: Yes, we did go into the museums.
沃伦:进了,我们去博物馆参观了。

Antoinette: Oh, okay. Yeah. That's my park, Central Park. How did you find my park? Did you like my park?
安托万内特:哦,好。纽约中央公园是我的公园。你是怎么发现我的公园的?你喜欢我的公园吗?

Warren: It was great. I was surprised how big it was.
沃伦:那里非常棒。那里的规模让我非常吃惊。

Antoinette: It is a big park. That's what I like about it. You can get lost in the park and almost forget that you're in a city.
安托万内特:那的确是一座大公园。所以我非常喜欢它。在纽约中央公园可能会迷路,几乎会忘掉自己身处城市之中。

Warren: Yeah. That's what I found really neat about it is sometimes I felt like I was in the countryside. But then I would see large buildings.
沃伦:是的。我发现那里非常整洁,有时我感觉我好像在乡村。不过我能看到大型建筑。

Antoinette: Yes. Yeah, I enjoy that, too. Did you know that you could ride horses in the park?
安托万内特:对,没错。我也很喜欢这点。你知道可以在纽约中央公园骑马吗?

Warren: No, I didn't.
沃伦:我不知道。

Antoinette: Did you know about the skating rink in the park?
安托万内特:你知道纽约中央公园里有滑冰场吗?

Warren: Yes. I've seen the skating rink on TV.
沃伦:我知道,我在电视上看到过那个滑冰场。

Antoinette: Okay. What time of year did you go? What season was it?
安托万内特:好。你是什么时候去的?什么季节?

Warren: I've been there in the summer and in fall but not winter.
沃伦:我在夏天和秋天去过纽约中央公园,不过没在冬天去过。

Antoinette: It's beautiful in any season, I think. I love Central Park.
安托万内特:无论什么季节,那里都很漂亮。我爱纽约中央公园。

Warren: Yeah, me too. It was very – it was a memorable experience.
沃伦:我也是。那真的是一次令人难忘的经历。

Antoinette: I'm glad to hear that. What other places did you go to?
安托万内特:我很高兴听到你这么说。你还去哪些地方游玩了?

Warren: Well, when I was older, I went with my friend and we went on top of the Empire State Building.
沃伦:我长大以后,又和朋友去了纽约,我们登上了帝国大厦顶楼。

Antoinette: Okay. I'm not sure if they allow you to go up there now.
安托万内特:好。我不确定现在还让不让上到顶楼了。

Warren: That was around 2004 that we went.
沃伦:我们是2004年去的。

Antoinette: Okay. Were you able to look over the edge?
安托万内特:好。你能从顶楼往下看吗?

Warren: I don't know if I was looking over the edge. I think it's inside but you're at the top.
沃伦:我不确定我有没有往下看。我记得当时我们在里面,不过那的确是顶层。

Antoinette: Okay. So yeah, things have changed a bit since I was a little girl.
安托万内特:好。我小的时候去过,看来那里变了。

Warren: Did it use to be outside that you could go?
沃伦:之前是能到外面去吗?

Antoinette: You could go outside. There were these binoculars or I don't know what they're called but you put a little change in and you could see the city.
安托万内特:可以去外面。外面有双筒望远镜,我不确定是不是这样叫,放些零钱进去,你就可以欣赏纽约的景色。

Warren: Yeah. They had those as well. Yeah.
沃伦:嗯。我也看到了那些望远镜。

Antoinette: Okay.
安托万内特:好。

Warren: Yeah. We could see Central Park and you could even see the Statue of Liberty from there.
沃伦:嗯。用望远镜可以看到纽约中央公园,甚至还能看到自由女神像。

Antoinette: Oh well, I've been there.
安托万内特:嗯,我去过那里。

Warren: Yeah. Actually, I never got to go. Both times I went to New York, we wanted to go to the Statue of Liberty but we didn't have enough time.
沃伦:嗯,实际上,两次我都没能去自由女神像。我去了纽约两次,每次我们都想去看看自由女神像,可是我们的时间不够。

Antoinette: Oh well, you should plan another trip.
安托万内特:哦,你应该再去一次纽约。

Warren: I'd like to, yeah. Sounds great.
沃伦:我很想去。听起来太棒了。