实战口语情景对话 第1157期:Teaching Overseas 在海外教学
John: So Sarah, you're an English teacher, right?
约翰:萨拉,你是名英语老师,对吧?
Sarah: That's right.
萨拉:没错。
John: You must have taught in many countries before.
约翰:你之前一定在很多国家教过英语。
Sarah: Yeah, I did. I taught in the USA, in Taiwan, China, South Korea, Japan and Ecuador.
萨拉:对,没错。我在美国、台湾、中国、韩国、日本和厄瓜多尔教过英语。
John: Oh, Ecuador.
约翰:哦,厄瓜多尔。
Sarah: Yeah.
萨拉:对。
John: So you must be able to speak Spanish very well.
约翰:那你一定也会说西班牙语。
Sarah: I think so. I studied really hard, and then when I lived in Ecuador, I spent a lot of time talking to people.
萨拉:是的。我在厄瓜多尔时非常努力地学习了西班牙语,我花很多时间和当地人交谈。
John: Did you teach Spanish, too?
约翰:那你也教西班牙语?
Sarah: No, I didn't. When I lived in Ecuador actually, I volunteered for the United Nations.
萨拉:不教。我在厄瓜多尔生活时,我是联合国的志愿者。
John: Wow.
约翰:哇哦。
Sarah: And I taught families and they were being relocated to Canada because they were fleeing the drug wars of Colombia.
萨拉:我的工作是教一些家庭英语,这些家庭要逃离哥伦比亚的毒品战争,他们会被重新安置在加拿大。
John: Wow.
约翰:哇哦。
Sarah: So I felt very badly for these families but they had a really bright future. So that was good. But then one week, I had a family, a couple of families and they were being relocated to Sweden
.萨拉:我为这些家庭感到难过,不过他们有一个非常光明的未来。这很好。不过有一周,我教了几个要被重新安置在瑞典的家庭。
John: Oh.
约翰:哦。
Sarah: And I said, "I can't teach them Swedish." And the UN said, "Well, maybe just teach them English." So I thought, they're going to Sweden, they don't need to learn English right now. And my friend at the time – she's Norwegian, and we were living together. And every day, she helped me to learn a little bit of Swedish. Just enough for one class so that I could teach these families...
萨拉:我说,“我不能教他们瑞典语”。联合国方面说,“你就教他们英语吧”。可是我想,他们要去瑞典,他们现在不用学英语。当时我有个朋友,她是挪威人,我们住在一起。她每天都帮助我学习一些瑞典语。足够我在当天的课上教那些家庭的。
John: Wait, wait.
约翰:等一下。
Sarah: ...some Swedish.
萨拉:瑞典语。
John: You were teaching Swedish language?
约翰:你教瑞典语?
Sarah: Yes.
萨拉:对。
John: You are an English speaker.
约翰:可是你的母语是英语。
Sarah: Yes.
萨拉:对。
John: You lived in Ecuador.
约翰:你当时在厄瓜多尔生活。
Sarah: Yes.
萨拉:对。
John: And a Norwegian person taught you Swedish.
约翰:一个挪威人教你瑞典语。
Sarah: Yes.
萨拉:对。
John: So you could teach Swedish to people from Ecuador.
约翰:所以你教厄瓜多尔人瑞典语。
Sarah: From Colombia, currently living in Ecuador.
萨拉:那些人来自哥伦比亚,他们当时住在厄瓜多尔。
John: So they could move to Sweden.
约翰:他们要搬去瑞典。
Sarah: Yes.
萨拉:对。
John: And you did this as a volunteer.
约翰:你志愿做这份工作。
Sarah: Yeah. I wanted to help people. So I moved to Ecuador and I got a volunteer job with the United Nations to help teach people but I never thought I would be teaching Swedish.
萨拉:对。我想帮助别人。所以我去厄瓜多尔做联合国的志愿者,去帮助他人,我以前从来没想过我会教瑞典语。
John: Wow.
约翰:哇哦。
Sarah: Yeah. It was a lot of fun.
萨拉:对。那很有趣。
John: I would like to try that someday, too.
约翰:如果有机会,我也想尝试一下。
Sarah: You can do it.
萨拉:你可以的。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)