实战口语情景对话 第1164期:Best Beach in Sri Lanka 斯里兰卡最棒的海滩
Widuri: Now, can you tell me more about another famous place in Sri Lanka?
威杜里:你能再介绍一个斯里兰卡的著名景点吗?
Danu: Sure. As I mentioned before, Sri Lanka is a beautiful island.
达努:当然可以。我之前提到过,斯里兰卡是一个美丽的岛国。
Widuri: Yes.
威杜里:对。
Danu: So Tooth Relic and the city of Kandy is right in the middle of Sri Lanka.
达努:我还提到了佛牙,而坎迪市就位于斯里兰卡中部。
Widuri: Oh, I see.
威杜里:哦,我知道了。
Danu: If you go to the coastal area, there are so many beautiful beaches.
达努:如果你去沿海地区,你会发现那里有很多美丽的海滩。
Widuri: Wow.
威杜里:哇哦。
Danu: And I will talk about the place called Marble Beach.
达努:我要介绍的地方名为大理石沙滩。
Widuri: Marble Beach.
威杜里:大理石沙滩。
Danu: Why do you think we call it the Marble Beach?
达努:你认为为什么那里名为大理石沙滩?
Widuri: Marble Beach. Maybe because the sands look like marble?
威杜里:大理石沙滩。可能是因为那里的沙子看上去像大理石?
Danu: Exactly. When you get in the sea, the sea bed looks like exactly like marble.
达努:完全正确。你在海里的时候,海底看上去非常像大理石。
Widuri: Wow.
威杜里:哇哦。
Danu: It's so blue, it shines when the sun is bright. You can see even from far away the blue sea bed of Marble Beach.
达努:海底是蓝色的,在阳光明媚的日子里,海底会闪闪发光。在远离大理石沙滩的地方也能看到蓝色的海底。
Widuri: Wow.
威杜里:哇哦。
Danu: And the best thing about the Marble Beach is for about 1 kilometer, the depth of water is the same. It's really, really shallow.
达努:大理石沙滩最棒的地方在于,那里的面积大约为1公里,水也很浅。非常浅。
Widuri: Oh yeah?
威杜里:真的吗?
Danu: So nobody drowns if you swim in Marble Beach. You can swim even if you cannot swim.
达努:所以没有人在大理石沙滩游泳会溺水。即使你不会游泳,也可以在那里游泳。
Widuri: Oh really?
威杜里:哦,真的吗?
Danu: Yes. And since Sri Lanka is a tropical country, if it is not the rainy season, Marble Beach will be filled with people from outside Sri Lanka as well as with the people from Sri Lanka, local people and foreign people because tourists, they love to do sun bathing.
达努:对。斯里兰卡是热带国家,如果不是雨季,那大理石沙滩会挤满来自世界各地的游客,当然也有斯里兰卡本地人,既有当地人也有外国人,因为游客喜欢晒日光浴。
Widuri: Yeah, they are. Have you visited that Marble Beach?
威杜里:对,没错。你去过大理石沙滩吗?
Danu: Yes, so many times. Usually, my friends and we do road trips to this place because the road to Marble Beach is very beautiful and especially, there is no police in this area so you can drive freely.
达努:我去过很多次。通常,我会和朋友开车去,因为通往大理石沙滩的那条公路非常漂亮,而且那里没有警察,你可以自由自在地开车。
Widuri: Oh I see. So you mentioned that Kandy is in the middle of Sri Lanka and this one is in the southern part.
威杜里:我知道了。你刚提到坎迪位于斯里兰卡中部,而大理石沙滩位于斯里兰卡南部。
Danu: No. Kandy is in the central part of Sri Lanka and Marble Beach in northeastern part of Sri Lanka.
达努:不是。坎迪位于斯里兰卡中部,大理石沙滩位于斯里兰卡东北部。
Widuri: Is it far?
威杜里:这两个地方离得远吗?
Danu: It is roughly 170 kilometers from my city.
达努:大理石沙滩离我的家乡城市坎迪大约170公里。
Widuri: Oh, not so far. Interesting. Any other famous place near those two places?
威杜里:哦,不是太远。有意思。这两个地方附近还有其他著名景点吗?
Danu: Oh yes, sure. Near Marble Beach, there's another Hindu temple.
达努:哦,当然有了。在大理石沙滩附近,还有一座印度教寺庙。
Widuri: Okay.
威杜里:好。
Danu: And the landscape of this temple is very interesting because in Sri Lanka, usually, around the beach, around the coastal area, there are no highlands or mountains. But this exact Hindu temple is situated on a little mountain right next to Marble Beach. And if you look down from the Hindu temple, it's like a cliff. It's like a straight fall into the water.
达努:这座寺庙的景色非常特别,因为在斯里兰卡,通常海滩和海岸地区附近,没有高地或高山。但是这座印度教寺庙就坐落在大理石沙滩旁边的一座小山上。如果你从这座寺庙往下看,看上去就像悬崖一样。好像会直接掉入水中一样。
Widuri: Wow.
威杜里:哇哦。
Danu: So there had been people jumping off from here and trying to suicide as well.
达努:所以,有人会从那里跳下去,试图自杀。
Widuri: Oh really?
威杜里:真的吗?
Danu: As an offering to the god.
达努:作为上帝的祭品。
Widuri: Wow.
威杜里:哇哦。
Danu: Yeah.
达努:嗯。
Widuri: That's a bit scary. But it's so interesting. So near that Marble Beach, we have the beautiful cliff plus the Hindu temple.
威杜里:那有些吓人。不过也很有意思。在大理石沙滩附近,有美丽的悬崖和印度教寺庙。
Danu: That's true.
达努:没错。
Widuri: Very interesting. Wow, I definitely want to go there. I will stay at your house and then we go to both...
威杜里:真有趣。哇哦,我一定要去那里游玩。我可以住在你家,然后我们两个一起去……
Danu: Temple of the Tooth Relic...
达努:佛牙寺……
Widuri: Yes, and then...
威杜里:对,还有……
Danu: And the Marble Beach.
达努:大理石沙滩。
Widuri: The Marble Beach and then to the Hindu temple.
威杜里:去大理石沙滩,然后去那座印度教寺庙。
Danu: Definitely, I'll be your guide.
达努:一定要去,我可以当你的导游。
Widuri: Oh thank you, Danu.
威杜里:哦,谢谢你,达努。
Danu: Thank you, Widuri.
达努:谢谢你,威杜里。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)