我们讲的英语第12期:cut to the chase
Finn: Thank you for driving me to work today, Feifei. It's a nice car. 
芬:谢谢你开车载我来上班,菲菲。这个车很棒。
Feifei: Yeah, it's brand new. 
菲菲:是,这是个新品牌。
Finn: It must have cost a lot of money. By the way, I noticed you had a meeting with the boss yesterday… and you look very happy today. Good news? 
芬:它一定很贵。
Feifei: Yes, very good news. First the boss offered me … 
菲菲:是的,很好的消息。首先,老板给我提供了...
Finn: A pay rise? 
芬:加薪?
Feifei: Tea. And then he offered me … 
菲菲:茶。然后他给我提供了...
Finn: A promotion? 
芬:升职?
Feifei: Biscuits. And then he asked me… 
菲菲:饼干。然后他问我...
Finn: He asked you if you want a post abroad? 
芬:他问你想不想外派出国?
Feifei: If my chair was comfortable. 
菲菲:椅子舒不舒服。
Finn: Oh, come on Feifei, cut to the chase! 
芬:哦,别这样,菲菲,开门见山!
Feifei: Cut to the chase!? Is there anyone chasing us? Let's go faster. See if he is still behind us. 
菲菲:直接追赶?有人在追我们吗?我们走快一点。看看他是不是还在我们身后。
Finn: Slow down, Feifei! Nobody is chasing us! 
芬:慢点,菲菲!没有人追我们!
Feifei: Okay, okay! 
菲菲:好的好的!
Finn: Oh. That was quite an adventure. In English, we say "cut to the chase" when we want to hear the most important piece of information; we want someone telling us something to get to the point! 
芬:哦,这真的一次冒险。在英语中,我们说“开门见山”当我们希望听到最重要的信息,我们希望话题能直入重点!
Feifei: Ah! It might come from the movies. The chase is usually the most exciting part. 
菲菲:啊!这一定来自于电影。追赶经常是最激动人心的部分。
Finn: Yes. Let's hear some examples:The salesman went on and on about the computer's new features till I told him: "Cut to the chase! What is the price?"We've been going out for five years. Let's cut to the chase. Just tell me: Are you going to marry me? 
芬:是的。我们来听一些例子:销售员一直说着电脑的新特点知道我告诉他:“开门见山!多少钱?”我们已经约会五年了。我们开门见山吧。告诉我,你想不想娶我?
Feifei: So that's what "cut to the chase" means. 
菲菲:所以这就是“开门见山”的意思。
Finn: Sure. So Feifei "cut to the chase" and tell me: What did the boss offer you? 
芬:对。所以,菲菲“开门见山”地告诉我:老板给你什么了?
Feifei: I've just told you. 
菲菲:我已经告诉你了。
Finn: What? What was it? 
芬:什么?那是什么?
Feifei: He asked me if my chair, the one by my desk, was comfortable. So I told him it wasn't. And he offered me a new chair so that I can work longer hours in comfort. 
菲菲:他问我我桌子旁边的那把椅子是不是舒服。所以我告诉他不舒服。然后他给了我一把新椅子,这样我就可以舒服地工作更长时间了。
Finn: Is that all!? 
芬:这就是全部吗?
Feifei: Yes. I'm always complaining about my bad back. 
菲菲:是的。我一直在抱怨我的后背疼。
Finn: Well. I don't have a bad back but I'm aching for a pay rise. Let's go to the office. Bye. 
芬:好吧,我的背没让我苦恼,但我因为加薪感到苦恼。我们去办公室吧。再见。
Feifei: Bye. 
菲菲:再见!
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
 - 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
 - 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
 - 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
 - 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
 - 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
 - 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
 - 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
 - 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
 - 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移
 
      
              
              
            
手机网站