我们讲的英语第13期:Have a ball 尽情狂欢
Finn: Hello Feifei. Welcome back to the office.
芬:你好菲菲。欢迎回到办公室。
Feifei: Hi Finn. Back to work!
菲菲:你好芬。回来工作!
Finn: How was your holiday? You look great.
芬:你的假期怎么样?你看起来不错啊。
Feifei: Oh thanks, fantastic. We spent every day on the beach…
菲菲:哦谢谢,很棒。我们每天都在沙滩上...
Finn: Nice…
芬:不错...
Feifei: Yeah, just relaxing, swimming, reading novels, eating fresh seafood, and my favourite new thing: playing beach volleyball!
菲菲:是的,放松,游泳,读小说,吃海鲜,和我最爱的新事物:玩沙滩排球!
Finn: Cool – you must have had a ball!
芬:酷啊,你一定有一个球!
Feifei: Of course we had a ball. We were playing volleyball! You can't play volleyball without… a ball.
菲菲:我们当然有一个球。我们在玩排球!你不能在没有球的情况下玩排球。
Finn: You're right, you do need a ball – but you see I meant…
芬:对,你确实需要一个球,但你知道我指...
Feifei: I know what you meant, just kidding! To 'have a ball' means to have a really good time, to enjoy yourself.
菲菲:我知道你的意思,只是开玩笑!“有一个球”指度过很好的时光,玩得好。
Finn: Yes, well did you? Have a good time?
芬:是的,那么你呢?有没有玩得好?
Feifei: We had… a ball!
菲菲:我们玩的很好!
Finn: Listen to these other people who had… a ball.We went to my sister's wedding at the weekend. Everyone had a ball – it was so much fun. I had a ball at the party. So many of my friends were there and the music was great.
芬:听一听其他“有一个球”的人吧。我们周末参加了我姐姐的婚礼,每个人都享受这段时光,那真是太有趣了。我很享受这个派对,我在场的那些朋友也是,而且音乐很棒。
Feifei: Of course we don't always use it to talk about things in the past.
菲菲:当然我们不经常用它来形容过去的事。
Finn: Yes, listen out for people 'having a ball', like this one:I'm having a ball in my new job. It's so much better than my old one.
芬:是的,仔细听人们“有一个球”的例子,比如这个:我很享受我的新工作,它比我的旧工作好多了。
Feifei: Or you can combine with 'will' when talking about the future.
菲菲:或者在说将来的事的时候你可以把它和“将要”结合起来。
A: I'm not sure about joining the singing class.
A:我不太确定是否要加入歌唱班。
B: Of course you should join – you'll have a ball!
B:你当然要加入,你会享受这个课的!
Finn: Anyway Feifei, it's good to have you back.
芬:总之菲菲,有你在身后真好。
Feifei: Good to be back.
菲菲:在你身后真好。
Finn: We're having a ball.
芬:我们要举办一个舞会了。
Feifei: I know, it's fun to be in the studio again.
菲菲:我知道,再一次来到演播厅很有趣。
Finn: No, we're really having a ball.
芬:不,我们真的要举办一个舞会了。
Feifei: Eh?
菲菲:嗯?
Finn: Yes, BBC Learning English is holding a ball – a formal party where people come and dance - tonight.
芬:是的,BBC学英语要举办一个舞会,一个正式的派对,今晚人们可以来跳舞。
Feifei: Oh, that kind of ball–our ball! I'd completely forgotten!I'm playing volleyball tonight.
菲菲:噢,这种舞会,我们的舞会!我完全忘记了!我今晚要玩排球。
Finn: Well, I'm sure you'll have a ball whatever you do!
芬:好吧,不管你做什么我相信你一定会享受的!
Feifei: Haha – yes, well you have a ball, at the ball!
菲菲:哈哈,是的,那么希望你享受舞会!
Finn: Very good. For more English phrases, log on to bbclearningenglish.com. Goodbye.
芬:很好。想要看更多英语短语,登陆bbclearningenglish.com。再见!
Feifei: See ya.
菲菲:再见!
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移