我们讲的英语第54期: not rocket science很简单
Kaz: Hello, I'm Kaz.
卡兹:大家好,我是卡兹。
Yang Li: And I'm Yang Li. Hey Kaz, why are we listening to this rocket launch?
杨丽:我是杨丽。嘿卡兹,你为什么在听这个火箭发射?
Kaz: Well, it's dramatic, but there's another reason. I thought it could introduce today's expression.
卡兹:因为它很激动人心,但是还有另一个原因。我觉得它可以引出今天的短语。
Yang Li: Tell me more.
杨丽:告诉我更多吧。
Kaz: The expression is 'It's not rocket science'.
卡兹:短语是“这不是火箭科学”。
Yang Li: 'It's not rocket science', meaning?
杨丽:“这不是火箭科学”意思是?
Kaz: Something that's not complicated or difficult to understand - 'it's not rocket science'.
卡兹:某事并不复杂或很难理解——“这么简单的事情”。
Yang Li: For example?
杨丽:比如?
Kaz: OK. Somebody can't get the television to work and asks you, "How do I switch this thing on?" You would say "It's not rocket science. Just press 'on' on the handset".
卡兹:好的。某人不能打开电视机然后问你,“我怎么打开这个?”你可以说“这么简单的事情。只要按一下遥控器的开键就行。”
Yang Li: So there's nothing complicated about it. You just press the 'on' switch and away you go. But is the expression 'it's not rocket science' only used for gadgets?
杨丽:所以这并没有什么复杂的。你只是按了开键然后你就走了。但是“这么简单的事情”这个短语是不是只用在小玩意上?
Kaz: No, not at all, Li. In fact it's used for many situations that are just obvious... for example - why are we always short of money?
卡兹:不,并不是,丽。事实上它用在很多清楚明白的情境下...比如,为什么我们总是缺钱?
Yang Li: Well, it's not rocket science Kaz - we don't get paid enough!
杨丽:这么简单的事情卡兹——我们的工资不够多!
Kaz: Brilliant Li. That's an excellent example.
卡兹:精彩丽。这是个完美的例子。
Yang Li: Yes, I like it too. But let's listen to some more examples:
杨丽:是的,我也喜欢。但是让我们来听更多的例子:
How do I cook this soup?
我应该怎样煮这个汤?
Come on Rob, it's not rocket science, all you have to do is open the tin and heat it up.
别这样罗伯,这么简单的事情,你只需要打开罐头然后加热。
I can't understand why our company is in such a mess?
我不能理解为什么我们的公司这么混乱?
It's not rocket science to figure that out - there are too many managers!
这么容易理解的事情——有太多的经理了!
Yang Li: OK Kaz, the phrase 'it's not rocket science' is used for situations that are obvious. But I get the feeling that the phrase 'it's not rocket science' is quite informal, right?
杨丽:好的卡兹,短语“这么简单的事情”用在非常明显的情境下。但是我觉得“这并不是火箭科学”不太正式,是吗?
Kaz: You're right Li. So please use with care!
卡兹:你说得对丽。那么请小心使用!
Yang Li: Absolutely.
杨丽:当然了。
Kaz: It's usually used with the negative 'It's not rocket science'.
卡兹:它通常情况下和否定一起用“这并不是火箭科学”。
Yang Li: Well, I'm sure of one thing Kaz.
杨丽:我很确定一件事卡兹。
Kaz: What's that Li?
卡兹:那是什么丽?
Yang Li: Presenting this programme is not exactly rocket science - it's easy!
杨丽:做这个节目并不是火箭科学——这很简单!
Both: Bye!
一起:再见!
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移