我们讲的英语第58期: chuffed开心的
Kaz: Hello, I'm Kaz.
卡兹:大家好,我是卡兹。
Yang Li: And I'm Yang Li. Hey Kaz, you're looking very happy today, what's up - what's happened?
杨丽:我是杨丽。卡兹,你今天看起来很高兴,怎么了,发生了什么?
Kaz: Well Li, you know that singing competition I went in for?
卡兹:丽,你知道我参加的那个歌唱比赛吗?
Yang Li: Oh yes, the singing competition, what about it?
杨丽:哦是的,那个歌唱比赛,怎么了?
Kaz: Ah,I came first.
卡兹:啊,我拿了第一名。
Yang Li: You did? Congratulations! You came first in the singing competition! Wow! No wonder you're so happy.
杨丽:你确定?恭喜!你竟然在歌唱比赛拿了第一名!哇!难怪你这么高兴。
Kaz: I certainly am Li. I'm feeling really chuffed.
卡兹:我的确很高兴丽。我感觉很开心。
Yang Li: Feeling really chuffed?
杨丽:感觉非常开心?
Kaz: Yes, I'm feeling really chuffed - I'm feeling really pleased with myself.
卡兹:我感觉十分开心——我对自己很满意。
Yang Li: 'Chuffed' - so 'feeling chuffed', means feeling pleased with yourself?
杨丽:“开心”,那么“感觉开心”意思就是对自己很满意?
Kaz: That's right.
卡兹:说得对。
Yang Li: So, for example, when I passed my driving test - many years ago - I felt chuffed with myself.
杨丽:所以,比如,当我通过了驾照考试,多年之前,我对自己非常满意。
Kaz: I'm sure you did Li - I'm sure you were really chuffed with yourself.
卡兹:我确定你一定是的丽,我确定你当时对你自己非常满意。
Yang Li: OK. So, 'to feel' or 'to be' chuffed about something means to be pleased with life - to be pleased with achieving something. 'Chuffed' - I like the sound of it. Let's listen to some more examples:
杨丽:好的。那么,“感觉”或者“处于”对某事很开心意思是对生活很满意,对达成某事很高兴。“开心的”——我喜欢这个词的发音。让我们来听更多的例子吧:
I say Alice. I'm feeling rather chuffed with my exam results. I got a distinction!
我说爱丽丝。我对自己的考试成绩很满意。我获得了荣誉。
Congratulations! You've been promoted. You must be feeling well chuffed!
恭喜!你升职了。你一定很开心!
She's lost four kilos, she must be very chuffed.
她减掉了4公斤,她一定很开心。
Yang Li: Kaz, in those examples, I noticed that you can say 'rather chuffed' and 'well chuffed' what's the difference?
杨丽:卡兹,在这些例子里,我注意到你可以说“很开心”和“非常开心”,有什么区别呢?
Kaz: Well spotted Li. I'd say that 'rather chuffed' is quite formal and perhaps even a little old fashioned.
卡兹:发现得好丽。我觉得“很开心”十分的正式而且或许有一点过时。
Yang Li: And 'well chuffed'?
杨丽:那“非常开心”呢?
Kaz: 'Well chuffed' is much more informal and more colloquial.
卡兹:“非常开心”不太正式而且更通俗。
Yang Li: Which one would you prefer then?
杨丽:那你更喜欢哪个?
Kaz: I think I prefer 'rather chuffed'.
卡兹:我觉得我更喜欢“很开心”。
Yang Li: Well, I think we can be rather chuffed with ourselves today.
杨丽:我觉得我们今天对自己很满意。
Kaz: How so Li?
卡兹:为什么这么说丽?
Yang Li: We've successfully completed another programme.
杨丽:我们又一次成功地完成了节目。
Both: Bye!
一起:再见!
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移