我们讲的英语第57期: take a rain check改期
Rob: This is The English We Speak with me, Rob...
罗伯:这里是我们所说的英语,我是罗伯。
Li: ...and me, Li. Hello. I'm a bit bored today Rob, what shall we do?
李:我是李。大家好。我今天有点无聊罗伯,我们应该做什么?
Rob: Hmm, how about going to the library?
罗伯:嗯,去图书馆怎么样?
Li: Boring!
李:无聊!
Rob: We could go to the cinema?
罗伯:我们可以去电影院?
Li: Done that. I want to do something exciting. Hey, let's go to the fair!
李:去过了。我想做一点激动的事。嘿,我们去游乐场吧!
Rob: You mean the funfair with lots of people and all those big machines to ride on? They make me feel a bit sick. Could I take a rain check on that?
罗伯:你是指有很多人和那些用来骑的大型机械的游乐场?他们让我感觉有点不舒服。我可以改天嘛?
Li:...it's OK Rob, it's not raining, we can still go.
李:没关系的罗伯,外面没有下雨,我们还可以去。
Rob: No Li - it's nothing to do with checking the rain - I mean, I don't want to accept your invitation of going to the fair.
罗伯:不是李,这和检查是否下雨一点关系也没有,我的意思是,我不想接受你去游乐场的邀请。
Li: Oh, you're not talking about the weather. So Rob, you never want to go to the fair with me, then?
李:哦,你不是在说天气。那么罗伯,你永远都不想和我去游乐场吗?
Rob: Well, I might later. If I take a rain check on something, I won't do it immediately but I would like to do it at another time.
罗伯:我也许以后会。如果我把某事改期,我不会马上去做但是我下次会做。
Li: Good. OK, here are some examples. We'll see if Rob is ready to go the fair after listening to these:
李:很好。好的,以下是一些例子。在听过这些之后看看罗伯是否准备好去游乐场了。
If you don't mind, I'll take a rain check on the drinks tonight. Can we make next week?
如果你不介意,我改天再参加今晚的喝酒。我们可以改到下周吗?
Man: I'm going to the cinema tonight, do you fancy joining me?
男:我今晚要去电影院,我愿意和我一起吗?
Woman: Sorry, I'll have to take a rain check, I already have plans.
女:抱歉,我下次吧,我已经有约了。
We had to take a rain check on the trip to the beach because we'd already planned to go shopping, but we'll definitely go tomorrow.
我们的沙滩之旅要改期了因为我们已经计划好购物了,但是我们明天一定会去的。
Li: So Rob, if you're taking a rain check now, when would you like to go?
李:那么,罗伯,如果你现在改期,那你什么时候去?
Rob: I think it's going to have to be tomorrow. Look, it really has started to rain now.
罗伯:我觉得怎么也得是明天。看,现在真的开始下雨了。
Li: Oh no.
李:哦不。
Rob: Well, there's still the library... the cinema...
罗伯:不过,还有图书馆,电影院...
Li: No.
李:不要。
Rob: OK, come on then, get your raincoat, we'll go to the fair.
罗伯:好吧,那么来吧,拿上你的雨衣,我们去游乐场。
Li: Oh great! You won't regret it Rob!
李:哦太棒了!你不会后悔的罗伯!
Li: You see, I said you wouldn't regret it. Isn't this rollercoaster great?
李:你看,我就说你不会后悔的。难道这个过山车不好吗?
Rob: Oh... why didn't I take a rain check on this? Join us again soon for another The English We Speak.
罗伯:哦...我为什么没有把这个改期?加入我们来获取更多的我们所说的英语。
Both: Bye.
一起:再见。
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移