和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 我们讲的英语

正文

我们讲的英语第79期:Plain sailing 一帆风顺

2014-07-25来源:

重点讲解:
1. plain sailing
轻而易举的;一帆风顺的;
eg. Pregnancy wasn't all plain sailing and once again there were problems.
孕期并非一帆风顺,这不,又出现问题了。
eg. We know it won't be plain sailing at Wembley because there are no easy games at this level.
我们知道在温布利不会顺风顺水,因为在这一级别就没有轻松的比赛。
2. in time for
及时;不迟;
eg. I arrived just in time for my flight to London...
我及时赶上了飞往伦敦的航班。
eg. She set the alarm so she'd wake up in time to give her two sons their medication.
她定了闹钟,以便及时醒来给两个儿子服药。
3. trouble-free
顺利的;没问题的;没困难的;
eg. The carnival got off to a virtually trouble-free start with the police reporting only one arrest.
狂欢节开幕进行得几乎是一帆风顺,警方只报告了一例拘捕。
eg. They are assured of an enjoyable and trouble - free holiday.
他们肯定会过一个愉快的无忧无虑的假日。
4. watch out
小心,提防(不愉快的事情或陷入困境);
eg. The casinos in Las Vegas had better watch out since I'm obviously on a lucky streak!
拉斯韦加斯的赌场要小心了,因为我显然正红运当头!
eg. Watch out for cars when you cross the road.
过马路时当心车辆。
5. change one's mind
(使)改变主意;(使)改变决定;
eg. It would be impossible to change his mind.
要让他改变想法是不可能的事情。
eg. No amount of coaxing will make me change my mind.
任你费尽口舌也不会说服我改变主意。
6. take the wind out of one's sails
给…泼冷水(或当头一棒);
eg. I was happy to see that you take the wind out of his sail.
我很高兴看到你削了他的锐气。
eg. Be beat by a newcomer have really take the wind out of his sail.
一个新来的人就比他强,他觉得很窝囊。