我们讲的英语第120期:The creeps 毛骨悚然
Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil (demonic laughter).
尼尔:大家好,欢迎来到地道英语节目。我是尼尔(恶魔般的笑声)。
Li: And I'm Li. (scream)
李:我是李。(尖叫声)
Neil: It's Halloween time, so we have a special, scary edition of the programme today (more demonic laughter).
尼尔:现在是万圣节,所以我们今天准备了一期恐怖版特别节目(更多恶魔般的笑声)。
Li: That's right. It wouldn't be Halloween without something scary for you. (More screaming).
李:没错。要是没有吓到你们,那就不算过万圣节了。(更多的尖叫声)
Neil: Today we want to give you the creeps!
尼尔:今天我们要吓一吓你们!
Li: Give them what?!
李:给他们什么?
Neil: The creeps. To give somebody the creeps.
尼尔:惊吓。要吓吓人。
Li: To give somebody the creeps. This means to make someone feel nervous or scared.
李:give somebody the creeps的意思就是让某人感到紧张或害怕。
Neil: (More demonic laughter)
尼尔:(更多恶魔般的笑声)
Li: Stop it Neil! You're giving me the creeps.
李:尼尔,别再笑了!你让我心里发毛。
Man: (whispering) What's that noise?
男:(低语)那个声音是什么?
Woman: What noise?
女:什么声音?
Man: Those footsteps… shh... listen…
男:那些脚步声……嘘……你听……
Woman: I can't hear anything. Stop it! You're giving me the creeps.
女:我什么都没听到。别说了!你让我毛骨悚然。
Li: That man thought he could hear footsteps in the house they're in. It made the woman scared. She said 'You're giving me the creeps.'
李:那个男人认为他听到房子里有脚步声。这让女人觉得很害怕。所以她说‘你让我毛骨悚然。’
Neil: What gives you the creeps, Li?
尼尔:李,什么会让你害怕?
Li: Oh I hate horror films. Some people find them entertaining but they just scare me.
李:哦,我讨厌恐怖电影。有些人认为恐怖片很有趣,可是恐怖片让我感到害怕。
Neil: Yeah, they always give me the creeps too.
尼尔:对,我也怕恐怖片。
Li: What else gives you the creeps, Neil?
李:尼尔,你还害怕其他的什么吗?
Neil: I really, really hate cockroaches. The way they disappear when you turn a light on. And the fact it's so hard to kill them. They just give me the creeps.
尼尔:我真的非常讨厌蟑螂。你一开灯它们就会消失。而实际上你很难消灭它们。它们让我心里发毛。
Li: Oh no, I don't like cockroaches either..
李:哦不,我也不喜欢蟑螂。
Neil: Urgh… just thinking about them gives me the creeps.
尼尔:额……只是想想我都觉得心里发慌。
Li: I'm scared of spiders! They give me the creeps.
李:我害怕蜘蛛!它们让我很害怕。
Neil: This music gives me the creeps.
尼尔:这首歌让我心里发毛。
Li: Yeah and that laugh gives me the creeps (demonic laughter).
李:嗯,那个笑声让我害怕(恶魔般的笑声)
Neil: That scream gives me the creeps (scream).
尼尔:这个尖叫声让我毛骨悚然(尖叫声)。
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移