我们讲的英语第121期:smoothie 水果奶昔
Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil.
尼尔:大家好,欢迎来到地道英语节目,我是尼尔。
Li: And I'm Li. Neil what are you drinking? Whatever it is, it sounds very refreshing.
李:我是李。尼尔你在喝什么?不管是什么,听上去非常清爽。
Neil: Ah yes it is, Li. It's so fruity and refreshing.
尼尔:李,这的确很清爽。这饮料水果味浓郁,而且很清爽。
Li: What kind of juice is it?
李:这是什么果汁?
Neil: Oh it's not juice, it's a smoothie.
尼尔:哦,这不是果汁,这是水果奶昔。
Li: A smoothie?
李:水果奶昔?
Neil: Yeah, a smoothie. The fruit is blended rather than squeezed.
尼尔:对,水果奶昔。水果是搅拌在一起而不是榨出来的。
Li: Oh I see. A smoothie is a fruit drink made from blended fruit rather than squeezed fruit.
李:我明白了。水果奶昔就是一种水果饮料,它是由各种水果搅拌而成,而不是榨果汁。
Neil: And it sometimes has ice, ice cream or yoghurt in it too. Try it Li.
尼尔:有时还可以加冰,冰淇淋或者酸奶。李,你尝尝。
Li: Oh thank you. Oh it's delicious.
李:哦,谢谢你。哇,真好喝。
Neil: How would you describe the texture?
尼尔:你要怎么形容这口感?
Li: Well, it's very thick and… smooth.
李:嗯,味道浓郁又顺滑。
Neil: Exactly. And that's where the name comes from.
尼尔:非常准确。这就是这种饮料得名的原因。
Li: It's called a smoothie because its texture is smooth.
李:它称之为smoothie是因为它的口感很顺滑。
A: Right, who wants a drink? I fancy a cup of coffee.
A:好,谁想喝饮料?我想喝杯咖啡。
B: Yeah but it's way too hot for coffee. Can I have one of those smoothies?
B:好,不过现在喝咖啡太热了。我能要一杯水果奶昔吗?
A: Oh that's an idea. I think I'll have one too, if I have enough money.
A:这是个好主意。如果我的钱够的话,我也想来杯水果奶昔。
Neil: Well, it's all gone now.
尼尔:都喝完了。
Li: Oh that's a shame.
李:真遗憾。
Neil: Yes… No more smoothie... Shame…
尼尔:是啊……没有水果奶昔了……好遗憾……
Li: Oh well.
李:好吧。
Neil: (Pause) Li, have you had your hair done? It really suits you.
尼尔:(停顿)李,你去做头发了吗?这发型太适合你了。
Li: Oh thanks, Neil.
李:哦,谢谢你,尼尔。
Neil: No, really, really. It suits your face. Actually, you're looking great at the moment. I like that outfit.
尼尔:真的很适合。非常适合你的脸型。实际上,你现在看起来棒极了。我喜欢你的着装。
Li: Oh Neil…
李:哦,尼尔……
Neil: I'd really love another smoothie, but I've just run out of money.
尼尔:我很想再喝杯水果奶昔,可是我没钱了。
Li: Don't worry, I'll get you one.
李:别担心,我会给你买一杯。
Neil: Oh thanks! I can be such a smoothie sometimes…
尼尔:谢谢你!看来有时我可以是这么精明圆滑的人……
Li: Yes you can… Smoothie is not just a word for a drink.
李:对,你可以……smoothie这个词并不仅仅是一种饮料。
Neil: That's right. It's also an adjective describing a man who can persuade people to do things for him by being charming.
尼尔:没错。这个词可以用做形容词,形容一个人善于施展魅力,甜言蜜语让别人为自己做事。
Li: I wondered why he was paying me so many compliments.
李:我还在想他为什么要这么费劲的赞美我呢。
Neil: A smoothie for the smoothie, please Li.
尼尔:李,请给我这个精明的人买杯水果奶昔。
Li: OK, OK…
李:好,好……
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移