我们讲的英语第122期:Get lost 走开
Rob: Hello and welcome to the English We Speak. I'm Rob.
罗布:大家好,欢迎收看地道英语节目。我是罗布。
Helen: And hello, I'm Helen. And today we've decided to come outside for a walk in the beautiful English countryside.
海伦:大家好,我是海伦。今天我们决定外出,在英国美丽的乡村散步。
Rob: Mmmm, smell the wonderful fresh air. Isn't it great to be outdoors?
罗布:嗯,呼吸一下这清新的空气。在户外做节目是不是很棒?
Helen: Oh, well it was…but not now it's raining. Come on Rob, I think we should head back.
海伦:刚才是,可是现在正在下雨。罗布,快点,我想我们得回去了。
Rob: Hold on Helen. Not that way! According to the map, it's this way…
罗布:海伦,等等。不是那条路!地图上是这条路……
Helen: Rob, you're always wrong. Just follow me but hurry up; we're getting wet.
海伦:罗布,你总是错的。你只要跟着我就行了,快点。我们要淋湿了。
Rob: Oh, get lost!
罗布:哦,走开!
Helen: Get lost? We are lost!
海伦:迷路了?我们迷路了!
Rob: No Helen–get lost–I mean go away, leave me alone. Don't tell me the way to go.
罗布:不是,海伦,get lost的意思是走开,让我自己待着。别跟我说要走哪条路。
Helen: That's not a very nice thing to say.
海伦:这种话不太礼貌。
Rob: Well, it's what you can say to someone if they're really annoying you. So go away, get lost!
罗布:嗯,如果某人让你很烦,你就会他们这么说。所以,走开,靠边站!
Helen: OK, if you say so. I'm off. See you back at the car!
海伦:好,既然你这么说了。我就离开了。我在车上等你!
Rob: I'll get there first! OK, here are some other examples of using 'get lost':
罗布:我会先到车上的!这里还有一些这个说法的例子。
I'm tired of hearing about how you know everything. Just get lost!
我对你一直说你什么都知道感到厌烦。走开!
Get lost! I'm having a break so don't disturb me.
走开!我正在休息,别打扰我。
You say you climbed Mount Everest on your own?! Get lost, I don't believe you.
你说你独自攀登了珠穆朗玛峰?走开,我才不相信你。
Rob: Mmm, saying get lost is quite impolite so you need to be careful how you say it and who you say it to. Maybe I was a bit rude to Helen. Helen, Helen, come back…I didn't mean to be so rude.
罗布:嗯,滚开这个词很不礼貌,所以你要对你使用的方式和对谁说这句话备加小心。也许我刚刚对海伦有点儿无礼。海伦,回来……我不是有意要这么无礼的。
Helen: …well you weren't being very nice. Anyway, I was going to come back and find you.
海伦:嗯,可是你并不友好。不管怎么说,我会回去找你的。
Rob: And why was that Helen?
罗布:海伦,为什么呢?
Helen: Because I got lost. I needed the map!
海伦:因为我迷路了。我需要地图!
Rob: Ha. Well, here it is. Come on follow me.
罗布:哈哈。好吧,给你地图。来跟着我走吧。
Helen: OK Rob. See you next time.
海伦:好的,罗布。下次节目再见。
Both: Bye.
一起:再见。
Rob: Right, it's definitely this way.
罗布:好,绝对是走这条路。
Helen: Are you sure?
海伦:你确定吗?
Rob: Yes, that's what the map says.
罗布:确定,地图上是这么说的。
Helen: Rob you've got the map upside down!
海伦:罗布,你把地图拿反了!
Rob: Oh!
罗布:天哪!
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移