和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 我们讲的英语

正文

我们讲的英语第138期:Phrases for festivals 有关音乐节的短语

2014-08-23来源:

Yang Li: Hello, I'm Yang Li and this is The English We Speak.
杨莉:大家好,我是杨莉,这里是地道英语节目。

William: I'm William Kremer. Welcome to the programme.
威廉:我是威廉·克莱默。欢迎收听节目。

Yang Li: Ah William, I am so excited!
杨莉:啊,威廉,我真是太兴奋了!

William: Really? What's brought this on, then?
威廉:是吗?那是什么让你这么兴奋?

Yang Li: This weekend something really really really great is happening! Do you know what it is?
杨莉:这周末会有非常非常非常棒的事情发生!你知道是什么吗?

William: No...
威廉:不知道。

Yang Li: It has to do with music...
杨莉:和音乐有关……

William: Hmm. Is it a big opera?
威廉:嗯。是大型歌剧吗?

Yang Li: No, it takes place outdoors...
杨莉:不是,是在户外进行的……

William: Ah, is it opera in the park?
威廉:啊,是在公园里上演的歌剧吗?

Yang Li: No, no, it's not opera. It's Glastonbury!
杨莉:不,不是,不是歌剧。是格拉斯顿伯里音乐节!

William: Oh wow, the huge music festival! I've never been. What's the line-up this year?
威廉:哦,哇,那个盛大的音乐节!我从来没去看过。今年的演出阵容都有谁?

Yang Li: Oh no, you don't need to queue. You can just get tickets online. But of course, they are sold out now.
杨莉:哦,不,你不需要排队。你可以在网上订票。不过当然,现在票已经售完了。

William: No, no, the line-up, Li. Who's playing?
威廉:哦,不,李,我说的是演出阵容。都有谁出演?

Yang Li: Oh, I see. There's U2 and the Chemical Brothers and Fleet Foxes and Elbow... and loads and loads of bands of course. But William, I'm confused about this phrase line-up...
杨莉:哦,我明白了。有U2乐队、化学兄弟乐队、舰队狐狸乐队和大腕乐队……当然还有很多乐队。不过威廉,我对line-up这个词有些困惑……

William: Well, in America to 'wait in line' means to queue. But a line-up refers to all the bands that are playing in a festival.
威廉:好,在美国,wait in line的意思是排队。但是line-up指的是所有出演音乐节的乐队。

Yang Li: Oh right. So, is this phrase only used for music festivals?
杨莉:哦,好。那这个短语只用在音乐节中吗?

William: No, it isn't. Listen to this:
威廉:不,不是的。来听这个例子:

Man: Is Jones playing this weekend?
男1:琼斯这周末会参加比赛吗?

Man 2: No, he's still injured so he's not in the line-up.
男2:不,他的伤还没好,所以他并不在球员阵容中。

William: So in that example 'the line-up' meant the members of a sports team playing in a match. The line-up.
威廉:所以,在这个例子中,line-up指的是参加比赛的运动队成员。球员阵容。

Yang Li: Well anyway, it's a pretty good line-up at Glastonbury this weekend. I can't wait.
杨莉:好,不管怎么样说,本周末的格拉斯顿伯里音乐节阵容非常强大。我都等不及了。

William: Who's headlining on Sunday?
威廉:那周日的主角是谁?

Yang Li: Eh, what?
杨莉:啊,什么?

William: Headlining. Who's headlining? Ah, I think I know why you're confused. 'To headline' doesn't mean to be in the newspapers. It means to be the main act in a festival. The main act is 'the headline act'.
威廉:主角。谁是主角?哦,我知道你为什么会困惑了。To headline并不是说报纸的头条。而是指音乐节中的主角。主角也可以说headline act。

Yang Li: Oh right. I think Beyonce Knowles is headlining on Sunday. She is the headline act.
杨莉:哦,好的。我想周日的主角是碧昂丝·诺尔斯。她是主角。

William: Ah yes, Beyonce. I've heard of her. Is she the one that does that dance, like this...
威廉:好的,碧昂斯。我听说过她。这是不是她的舞蹈,就像这样……

Yang Li: Oh William, stop it! Stop it! You are not Beyonce Knowles! It looks wrong!
杨莉:哦,威廉,停下,停下!你可不是碧昂丝·诺尔斯!太难看了!

William: (laughing) OK, OK. So, what time do you leave?
威廉:(笑声)好吧,好吧。那你什么时候走?

Yang Li: Eh?
杨莉:什么?

William: What time are you going to Glastonbury? It's quite a long way, you know Li. You should probably be getting on a train about now.
威廉:你什么时候去格拉斯顿伯里音乐节?莉,你知道,那里离这里很远。你现在就应该上火车了。

Yang Li: Oh no, I'm not going! It costs an absolute fortune, you know, and it can be so muddy! And I don't like the idea of those festival toilets. Oh, no, no, no, it's not for me. I'm just going to watch it on telly.
杨莉:哦,不,我不去!你知道,那花费太大了,而且音乐节会非常泥泞!而且我也不喜欢音乐节的卫生间。哦,不,不,不,那不适合我。我就在电视上看就好了。

William: Oh OK, right! Well, for everyone who is going to a music festival this year, we hope you have a fantastic time. I hope that the line-up is great and that the headline act doesn't disappoint. Bye!
威廉:哦,好吧,好的!去看音乐节的观众们,我们希望你们度过美好的时光。我希望演出阵容很棒,主角不会让人失望。再见!

Yang Li: Bye.
杨莉:再见。