我们讲的英语第149期:Swizz 骗局
William: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm William.
威廉:大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是威廉。
Yang Li: And I'm Yang Li.
杨莉:我是杨莉。
William: You look very pleased today Li.
威廉:莉,你今天看上去很高兴。
Yang Li: Well, I should be. I've just won a prize!
杨莉:嗯,我应该高兴。我刚刚中奖了!
William: Wow, great! What did you win?
威廉:哇,太棒了!你中了什么奖?
Yang Li: I don't know yet. I ate this bar of chocolate and it told me to phone a number to find out my prize.
杨莉:我还不知道呢。我刚才吃了这块巧克力,这里说让我打这个电话去领奖。
William: Oh wow, cool. Let's call them.
威廉:哦,哇,真酷。我们来打电话吧。
Yang Li: OK.
杨莉:好的。
Welcome to the Choccy Choc Chocolate prize hotline. Please hold to find what amazing prize you've won.
欢迎拨打 Choccy Choc Chocolate奖品热线。请不要挂断,您马上就会知道你获得了什么精彩奖品。
Yang Li: Wow, this is exciting!
杨莉:哇,这太令人激动了!
Welcome to the Choccy Choc Chocolate prize hotline. Please hold to find what amazing prize you've won.
欢迎拨打 Choccy Choc Chocolate奖品热线。请不要挂断,您马上就会知道你获得了什么精彩奖品。
William: Hmmm.
威廉:嗯。
Welcome to the Choccy Choc Chocolate prize hotline. Please hold to find what amazing prize you've won.
欢迎拨打 Choccy Choc Chocolate奖品热线。请不要挂断,您马上就会知道你获得了什么精彩奖品。
Yang Li: It can't be long now...
杨莉:不会再等了吧……
William: Li, can I see that chocolate wrapper?
威廉:莉,我能看看那个巧克力的包装纸吗?
Yang Li: OK. What does it say?
杨莉:好。上面说什么了?
William: It says "Calls to this line are charged at £20 a minute"!
威廉:上面写着“拨打这个电话每分钟收费20英镑”!
Yang Li: What?! No way! Well, shall we hang up?
杨莉:什么?!不行!我们要不要挂断?
William: I should think so! What a swizz.
威廉:我也是这么想的。这是个骗局。
Hangs up
挂断电话
Yang Li: A swizz?
杨莉:A swizz是什么?
William: Yes, a swizz. A swizz is a scheme that tricks people to make money. Like this company is making you call an expensive phone line–it's a swizz.
威廉:对,骗局。这个词指那些通过欺骗人们来赚钱的计谋。就像这家公司让你打这个昂贵的电话一样,这就是骗局。
Yang Li: I see.
杨莉:我明白了。
William: We might say "What a swizz", or "That's a bit of a swizz".
威廉:我们会说What a swizz,或是That's a bit of a swizz。
Yang Li: So, how do we spell this word, swizz?
杨莉:那swizz这个词怎么拼呢?
William: Well you know, I'm not too sure. I've seen it spelled S.W.I.Z.Z. but I've also seen S.W.I.Z.
威廉:你知道,我也不太确定。我曾经看到过那个词的拼写,是S.W.I.Z.Z。不过我也看到过拼成S.W.I.Z的。
Yang Li: You mean you don't know how to spell it? But this is BBC Learning English! We should know how to spell it. What a swizz!
杨莉:你是说你不知道这个词怎么拼?这可是BBC英语学习节目啊!我们应该知道这个词怎么拼写。这是个骗局!
William: Ha ha. Yeah, I'm sorry! But that's just the way English is sometimes, it's always changing! At least you know-
威廉:哈哈。对,我很抱歉!不过这只是英语中偶尔会用到的表达,总是在变化的!至少你知道了……
Phone rings
电话响了
Yang Li: Oh! Hello?
杨莉:哦!你好?
Choc Person: Hello is that Yang Li?
巧克力公司员工:你好,请问是杨莉吗?
Yang Li: Yes.
杨莉:对,我是。
Choc Person: We have a missed call from you. Just ringing to say you've won a prize!
巧克力公司员工:我们刚才没有接到你的来电。我们打来是告诉你你中奖了!
Yang Li: Wow, what is it?
杨莉:哇,奖品是什么?
Choc Person: You need to ring this number to find out. 0800 23 4…
巧克力公司员工:你要打这个电话了解详情。电话号码是0800 23 4…
Yang Li: Ha! What a swizz. Bye.
杨莉:哈哈!这是骗局。再见。
William: Bye.
威廉:再见。
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移