我们讲的英语第151期:Savvy 行家
William: Hello and welcome to the English We Speak, I'm William Kremer.
威廉:大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是威廉·克莱默。
Wang Fei: And I'm Wang Fei. William I hope we finish recording quickly today.
王飞:我是王飞。威廉,我希望我们今天能快点结束节目的录制。
William: Oh, why's that?
威廉:哦,为什么?
Wang Fei: I need to get to the bank before it closes.
王飞:我要赶在银行关门前去一趟银行。
William: Oh I see.
威廉:哦,我明白了。
Wang Fei: Yes, just need to move some money around. I've got to move some money into a high interest account and transfer some into my investment account...
王飞:对,我要转些钱。我要把一些钱存入高利息帐户,然后把一些钱转入投资帐户……
William: Look at you Wang Fei. High-interest accounts and investment accounts. You really are quite money-savvy aren't you?
威廉:王飞,看看你。高利息帐户和投资帐户。你真是个理财行家,不是吗?
Wang Fei: Money what?
王飞:理财什么?
William: Money-savvy.
威廉:理财行家。
Wang Fei: Money-savvy?
王飞:Money-savvy?
William: Yeah. It means you're good with money. You know what you're doing with it, how to invest it, that kind of thing.
威廉:对。意思就是说你擅于理财。你知道如何打理钱财,知道如何投资,了解这类事情。
Wang Fei: Well, I guess I am. I do look after my money.
王飞:嗯,我想我是行家。我很擅于管理我的钱。
William: I wish I was a bit more money-savvy like you! But I am quite good with technology. You know, you wouldn't need to rush to the bank if you tried online banking.
威廉:我希望我也像你一样成为理财行家!不过我更擅长技术方面的事情。你知道,如果你用网上银行的话就不用赶去银行办理了。
Wang Fei: Online banking? Not for me. I just don't really trust it.
王飞:网上银行?我不喜欢。我不信任网上银行。
William: Maybe you should try it.
威廉:也许你应该尝试一下。
Wang Fei: No, I just don't feel safe doing that. I'm not very... can I say... technologically savvy?
王飞:不,我只是觉得网上银行不安全。我不是很……我可以说技术行家吗?
William: Yes, you can say technologically savvy or just tech-savvy. Or you might say that you're not very web-savvy, as we're talking about the web, the internet.
威廉:可以,你可以说技术行家,或者简称。你也可以说你不是网络行家,因我们刚刚正在讨论的网络,互联网。
I wouldn't recommend you go down that street after dark. It's just not safe. And you're not very street-savvy to be honest with you.
我不建议你在天黑后走那条街。那不安全。而且说实话,你对街道也不是很熟悉。
A: So what do you think of the new flower shop?
A:你觉得那家新开的花店怎么样?
B: It's in a good location, and the owner is really business-savvy. I'm sure it'll be a great success.
B:位置不错,花店的主人很有商业头脑。我确定那家花店会盈利的。
Wang Fei: Money-savvy, tech-savvy...
王飞:理财行家,技术行家……
William: And business-savvy. You can be savvy about a lot of things. So are you going to go to the bank in the end?
威廉:还有有商业头脑。你可以在许多事情上成为行家。那你到底还要不要去银行?
Wang Fei: No I think I'll sign up for an online account. Give it a go.
王飞:不去了,我想我会注册一个网络帐户。我打算尝试一下。
William: And I might buy those stocks that you were suggesting.
威廉:我可能会买你建议的那些股票。
Wang Fei: Great. And let's hope all our listeners are a bit more slang-savvy after this programme.
王飞:很好。我们希望所有的听众朋友在这期节目之后都成为俚语行家。
William: Bye for now.
威廉:现在该结束节目了。
Wang Fei: Bye.
王飞:再见。
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移