和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语词汇|英语单词 > 医学英语专业词汇

正文

医生护士英语会话(7):交通事故

2007-08-29来源:
大夫:你哪里不舒服?
Doctor: What seems to be the problem?

病人:唉,我刚才过马路,正赶上一辆车从拐角处开过来。由于车速过快,等司机看到我再刹车时,已经太晚了。我被撞倒在地,从地上爬起来时,我发现我的左臂和肘部也被擦伤,并且现在我的肋骨有点痛。
Patient: Well, I was crossing the road, where a car came round the corner too quickly, and when the driver saw me, it was too late to stop. I was knocked to the ground, and when I got up,my left arm and elbow were grazed and now, I have a pain in my ribs.

大夫:让我检查一下吧。你哪儿疼啊?
Doctor: I'll just take a look. Where does it hurt?

病人:这很难说清楚,好象浑身都痛。
Patient: It's hard to say. It hurts all over.

大夫:我按这儿,你疼不疼?
Doctor: Does it hurt when I do this?

病人:哎呀!你一按这儿我就疼得要命。
Patient: Ouch! The pain is very bad when you press here.

大夫:你的胳膊和肘部好象没什么问题。但是出于安全考虑,你还是最好去照一张X光片。片子照好之后,马上拿过来让我看看。
Doctor: You arm and elbow seem to be all right. But, to be on the safe side, you'd better go to the X-ray Department. When the X-rays are ready, bring them back to me to examine.

病人:好的,那么待会儿再见吧!
Patient: OK. See you later.

大夫:待会儿见!
Doctor: See you then!


( Ten minutes later, the patient brings back the X-ray plates)
病人:这是我的X光片。
Patient:Here's my X-rays.

大夫:让我看看,一切基本正常。只是这儿,你看,有点小问题。有一点骨裂。
Doctor: I'll just take a look at it. Everything is all right, except here, see it? There's a hairline fracture.

病人:这严重吗?
Patient: Is it serious?

大夫:算不上严重。但是,这两三周你最好不要去上班。尽量卧床休息
Doctor: No. It's not very serious, but you should take two or three weeks off work, and rest in bed as much as possible.

病人:大夫,我是否需要服用点什么药呢?
Patient: Should I take some medicine, doctor?

大夫:是这样,我会给你开一些草药,这样你的伤口会愈合得快一点。另外,你还需要服用一些口服药。这是药方。待会儿你拿到药房去配药。请按说明服药。
Doctor: All right. I'll give you some herbal medicine to help you heal quickly. In addition, I will prescribe you some medicine for oral administration. Here is a prescription. Take it to the chemist's. please take the medicine according to the instruction.

病人:我需要上石膏吗?
Patient: Will I need to be put in plaster?

大夫:不需要。药方里我给你开了一管药膏。每天搽两三次。
Doctor: No, it isn't necessary. I have presribed you a tube of ointment. Administer it two or three times a day.

病人:非常感谢您,大夫。
Patient: Thank you very much, doctor.

大夫:不客气。再见!
Doctor: Not at all. Goodbye!

病人:再见!
Patient: Goodbye! 


单词 Words

elbow  n. 肘部

graze  v. 檫伤

ribs  n. 肋骨

plate  n. 光片

oral  adj 口服

instruction  n. 说明

plaster  n. 石膏


短语 Phrases

be knocked to the ground  被撞倒在地

to be on the safe side  出于安全考虑

take two or three weeks off work  休假两,三周

herbal medicine  中草药

for oral administration  口服

a tube of ointment  一管药膏


句子 Sentence Patterns

Does it hurt when I do this?
我按这儿,你疼不疼?

To be on the safe side, you'd better go to the X-ray Department.
但是出于安全考虑,你还是最好去照一张X光片。

When the X-rays are ready, bring them back to me to examine.
片子照好之后,马上拿过来让我看看。

Will I need to be put in plaster?
我需要上石膏吗?

Here is a prescription. Take it to the chemist's.
这是药方。待会儿你拿到药房去配药。

Please take the medicine according to the instruction.
请按说明服药。


相关单词

dislocation  脱臼

spain  扭伤

twist  扭伤

burn  烧伤

spasm  痉挛

tetanus  破伤风

paralysis   瘫痪

fracture  骨折

bandage  绷带

plaster  石膏

stitch  缝针

padding  垫,衬

pillow  枕头

crutch  拐杖


相关短语

be all right  没什么问题  

take a week off work  休假一周

rest in bed  卧床休息

clean up the wound  清洗伤口

dress the wound  包扎伤口

give sb. a few stiches   给……缝几针

take the stiches out   拆线

be hospitalized  住院

right away   立即,马上


Related Expressions

Your arm and elbow seem to be all right.
你的手臂和肘关节看来没什么问题。

You should take a week off work.
你应该休假一周。

Though it is not very serious, you should rest in bed as much as possible.
虽然不太严重,但你还是要尽量多卧床休息。

Take it three times a day after meals.
每日三次,饭后服用。

Here is the prescription for your medicine.
这是给你开的药方。

There is a cut, but luckily it is not deep.
破了个口子,不过不太深。

First, I'll clean up the wound and then we are going to dress it.
我得先清洗伤口,然后把伤口包扎起来。

I'm afraid I'll have to give you a few stiches.
恐怕我得给你缝几针了。

Come back in a week and I'll take your stiches out.
一周之后再来,我给你拆线。

The X-ray shows a fractured ankle.
X光片显示足踝骨折。

You must be hospitalized right away.
你应当立即住院。

You will be treated for a fracture of the bone.
你的骨折需要治疗。

You'll have to stay in the hospital for observation for two days.
你得住院观察两天。

Your left thumb suffers a comminuted fracture.
你左手的拇指是粉碎性骨折。