和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > BEC > BEC考试经验

正文

BEC商务英语辅导 音乐之声

2009-02-26来源:和谐英语

  额外成就
  conduct oneself: 为人处事,表现
  如 : Thanks for your advice, it really helps conduct myself well in the new environment.
  谢谢你的建议, 它对我在新的环境中如何立身处事有很大帮助。
  ********************************************************
  (上校匆匆走向屋内,看到孩子们正在给男爵夫人唱歌,他微笑着加入孩子们的歌声中。玛丽亚从门前经过,上校叫住了她。)
  Captain: Fraulein, I, I behaved badly. I apologize.
  上校: 弗劳伦,我,我刚才表现粗鲁,我向你道歉。
  Maria: No, I'm far too outspoken. It's one of my worst faults.
  玛丽亚:不,我说话太过分了,这是我最大的缺点之一。
  Captain: You were right. I don't know my children.
  上校:你说对了,我不了解自己的孩子。
  Maria: There's still time, Captain. They want so much to be close to you.
  玛丽亚:上校,来日方长。他们非常想跟你亲近。
  Captain: And you've brought the music back to the house. I'd forgotten. Fraulein, I, I want you to stay. I ask you to stay.
  上校:你把音乐带回家中,我都忘了音乐。弗劳伦,我想叫你留下来,我请你留下。
  Maria: If I could be of any help.
  玛丽亚:要是我能有所帮助的话。
  Captain: You have already. More than you know.
  上校:你已经帮了, 而且远远超出了你自己知道的。
  (特拉普上校逐渐对玛丽亚产生了爱意,在一个宁静的夜晚,他终于走向在夜色下徘徊的玛丽亚并道出了真爱。)
  Captain: Hello, I, I thought I just might find you here.
  上校: 你好, 我想, 也许在这儿能找到你.
  Maria: (Maria stands up) Is there something you wanted?
  玛丽亚:有事吗?(玛丽亚站起身。)
  Captain: No, no, no, sit down please, please. Uh...may I ? (sitting down) You know I was, I was thinking, I was wondering two things. Why did you run away to the Abbey, and what was it that made you come back?
  上校:不,不,不。请坐下,请。呃……我可以坐吗?(坐下)你知道吗,我一直在想,有两件事我不太懂,你为什么会跑回修道院。还有,又是什么促使你回来?
  Maria: Well, I had an obligation to fulfill and I, I came back to fulfill it.
  玛丽亚:哦,我有个任务需要完成,所以我,我就回来完成它呀。
  Captain: Is that all?
  上校:就这些吗?
  Maria: And I missed the children.
  玛丽亚:还有我想念孩子们。
  Captain: Yes, only the children?
  上校: 是吗? 仅仅想念孩子们?
  Maria: No, yes! Isn't it right I should have missed them?
  玛丽亚:不……是的!难道我不该想念他们吗?
  Captain: Yes, yes, of course. I was only hoping that perhaps you … perhaps you might…uh…
  上校: 不是,当然不是,我只是希望或许你,或许你会……呃……
  Maria: Yes?
  玛丽亚: 什么?
  Captain: Well …uh… nothing was the same when you were away. And it'll be all wrong again after you leave. And I just thought that perhaps you might… uh… change you mind.
  上校:呃……你一走家里全都变了样,要是你再离开, 一切又会变糟。 我只是在想也许你会……呃……改变主意。
  Maria: I'm sure the Baroness will be able to make things fine for you.
  玛丽亚:我相信男爵夫人能够把家里的事替你安排妥当。
  Captain: Maria, there isn't going to be any Baroness.
  上校:玛丽亚, 不会有什么男爵夫人了。
  Maria: There isn't ?
  玛丽亚:没有?
  Captain: No.
  上校: 是的。
  Maria: I don't understand.
  玛丽亚:我不懂。
  Captain: Well, we've …uh… called off our engagement, you see and... uh…
  上校: 我们已经取消了婚约。而且……
  **************************************************
  额外成就
  call off: 取消,放弃
  如:The match was called off because of the bad weather.
  由于天气恶劣,比赛被取消。
  ***************************************************
  Maria: Oh, I'm sorry.
  玛丽亚:哦,很遗憾。
  Captain: Yes … you are?
  上校: 是吗……你感到遗憾?
  Maria: You did?
  玛丽亚:你真的取消了?
  Captain: Yes. Well, you can't marry someone when you're in love with someone else, can you?
  上校:是的,当你爱着别人时,你不可能和另外一个人结婚,你能做到吗?
  Maria: Reverend Mother always says when the Lord closes a door, somewhere else he opens a window.
  玛丽亚:院长嬷嬷总是这样说,当主关上一扇门时,他会在别处为你开启一扇窗。
  Captain: What else did the Reverend Mother say?
  上校:院长嬷嬷还说些什么?
  Maria: That you have to look for your life.
  玛丽亚:她还说必须寻找生命中值得的东西。
  Captain: Is that why you came back? And have you found it, Maria?
  上校:这就是你回来的原因吗?你找到没有,玛丽亚?
  Maria: I think I have. I know I have.
  玛丽亚:我想我找到了。我知道我找到了。
  Captain: I love you.
  上校:我爱你。