和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

测一测你的老板是最佳雇主吗?

2012-02-15来源:财富中文网

My understanding of the overall strategic goals of the corporation ...

我对公司总体战略目标的了解…

A. Is fleshed out for me at regular meetings with my boss, who is fully briefed by his boss, and so on and so on and scooby dooby dooby.

A. 来自于我的上司在例会上向我所作的详细介绍,他的上司则向他作了完整的介绍,以此类推。

B. It's above my pay grade.

B. 这个问题超越了我的薪金等级范围。

C. Beyond making money, you mean?

C. 你是指除了赚钱以外还有什么吗?

The length of my average workday ...

日常工作的时长……

A. Is basically whatever I think it should be, as long as I get the job done. Some days I even work from home. In my bathrobe!

A.基本上由我自己决定,只要我把活儿干完就行。有时我甚至穿着睡袍在家工作!

B. Nine and a half hours. In at 8:30. Out at 6. For the past 15 years.

B. 9个半小时。早上8点半上班,下午6点下班,过去15年来一贯如此。

C. Expands to fill all available space, blocking out the sun, until I exist in a formless, shapeless void filled with nothing but that which must be done.
C.挤占了全部空闲时间。起早贪黑,直到精疲力竭、头晕脑胀,整天只想着必须要完成的工作。

Do you feel secure about your employment status?

你是否担心饭碗不保?

A. I don't really think about it too much. I know that if anything bad were to happen, the corporation would take care of me.

A. 我不怎么考虑这个问题。我知道,如果形势不妙,公司会照顾我的。

B. Sure. Now and then. But in a way, getting fired would be a form of liberation I wouldn't mind exploring.

B. 当然,有时会这么想。但从另一方面看,被炒鱿鱼相当于获得了自由!我不介意探索外面的世界。

C. Night and day. My entire persona is bound up with this screwy job. I don't even know who I am without it.

C. 一天到晚都在担心。我的整个人生都和这份该死的工作绑在了一起。要是没有这份工作,我甚至不知道自己是谁。

My combination of benefits and perks ...

我的福利津贴……

A. Is obscene!

A. 肥得流油!

B. Is standard for somebody at my position in a company of this size.

B. 处于同等规模公司、同等职位的正常水平。

C. No

C. 别提了。