和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

致年轻人:等老了你会后悔的10件事

2013-12-27来源:BuzzFeed

致年轻人:等老了你会后悔的10件事

They say youth is wasted on the young. Are you wasting yours?
有人说青春都是被年轻人浪费的,你在浪费自己的青春吗?

1. Not traveling when you had the chance.
有机会的时候不去旅行

Traveling becomes infinitely harder the older you get, especially if you have a family and need to pay the way for three-plus people instead of just yourself.
随着年龄的增长,旅行变得越来越不容易,当你拥有一个家庭之后你不能只考虑自己,你需要为家里至少三口人谋生计,这个时候旅行就更难上加难了。

2. Not learning another language.
没能学一门外语

You’ll kick yourself when you realize you took three years of language in high school and remember none of it.
中学曾花费了三年时间学习外语,而你却什么都没记住。每当想起这一点,你都会想踹自己两脚。

3. Staying in a bad relationship.
沉迷于一段糟糕的感情

No one who ever gets out of a bad relationship looks back without wishing they made the move sooner.
每一个走出一段槽糕的感情的人在回顾往事的时候,都后悔自己为什么没有早点摆脱旧情。

4. Not quitting a terrible job.
对旧工作彷徨不前

Look, you gotta pay the bills. But if you don’t make a plan to improve your situation, you might wake up one day having spent 40 years in hell.
瞧,你需要支付生活中的各种账单。但是如果你不为改善自己的现状而制定计划的话,有可能某一天起床的时候你已经在地狱里呆了40年。

5. Not trying harder in school.
学校功课不努力

It’s not just that your grades play a role in determining where you end up in life. Eventually you’ll realize how neat it was to get to spend all day learning, and wish you’d paid more attention.
你的分数不仅仅会决定你的人生走向,而且最后你将会意识到,一整天时间专心学习是多么的优雅!那个时候你就会后悔自己在学习上没能更用心。