和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

异国毕业季:英国女生分享大学毕业前必做之事

2014-05-23来源:telegraph
Sit on a committee of some kind
参加XX委员会

Everyone should experience the rollercoaster of emotions that is organising other people.
每个人都应该去体验其他人在委员会面前经历的情绪过山车。

Attend your university’s Varsity
参加大学代表队

Best fun you’ll have all year. With me please: V-A-R-S-I-T-Y.
这会是你每年最有趣的经历噢。请和我一起参加:大学代表队!

Cook a dinner as good as your Mum’s
做顿可以和妈妈手艺相媲美的晚餐

My mac ‘n’ cheese is up there with the home version now. You too can do it (with Delia’s help).
我做的奶酪通心粉现在已经是家传版本的啦。你也可以噢(照着英国烹饪天后迪莉娅的指南)!

Drink the SU dry
在学生会喝酒喝爽

There was a night in January with ten glasses of wine and not enough crisps. Do this once and never again.
一月份的一个晚上,喝了十杯酒,吃了一点薯片。这样疯狂一次,以后就再也别了。

Find your exam term library crush
考试季疯狂爱上图书馆

They will unwittingly get you through finals.
这样的爱,会让你不知不觉笑傲期末考。

Learn your landlord’s limits
掌握你房东/宿管的极限

And also yours with white goods.
还有不要弄坏自己家里的白色电器(冰箱、洗衣机等)。

Function without the Internet when your provider fails
断网时,学会继续生活

My flat did this for ten days in September and we can now use a dongle. Harder than it sounds.
九月份,我的公寓断网十天。现在,我们可以用蓝牙适配器连网了。用起来比听起来难噢。

Face your alcohol fear
直面你对酒精的恐惧

Good life lesson on determination. Bad experience with Sambuca? Get a shot and realise it's not actually that bad. ‘Insert double Tequila here.’
这是关于决断力很好的一课。有萨姆布卡茴香酒的心理阴影?来一杯,你会意识到这酒也没那么糟。“这儿要双倍龙舌兰。”

Wear your university hoody with pride
穿起学校的文化衫,并为之自豪

The second you leave you'll find the very idea of putting it on a little sad. It just won't feel the same.
要离开的那刻,你会意识到再穿时会有些许伤感。总之,那个时候感觉就变了。

Make the most of every student discount out there
充分利用你所有的学生折扣

Or, ideally, shop exclusively at places that offer one for a week. You'll miss it when you graduate.
或者,理想的是,去所有提供每周学生折扣的店里购物。毕业的时候,你会想念的!