正文
你们聚餐 我付钱!
A few years ago I had just gone through a long and difficult divorce.
几年前,我刚刚办完离婚手续,这是一个漫长而艰难的过程。
I was finally able to take my 9 month old daughter out (not just visit at mom's) with me and my 4 year old daughter.
我终于可以把9个月大的小女儿,还有4岁的大女孩带出家门去玩耍,而不仅仅是拜访一下。
Al beit for limited times.
可是这种出游的次数却有限制。
On my way home from work I had picked up the girls from daycare.
我在下班回家的路上,从幼儿园接回了两个女儿。
We stopped at the grocery story to grab something to cook for dinner.
我们走进一家杂货店,想要买些食材来做晚餐。
My time was limited, as they had to be returned to mom's in less than 2 hours.
我的时间有限,必须在两个小时之内,让她们回到前妻那里。
After grocery shopping, including a 4 year old bathroom break, we went to check out.
买完东西,又花了点时间等4岁的女儿去上厕所,我们准备去结账。
This had been a bit trying
没想到好事多磨
and I was stressed with the time crunch .
我感到时间紧迫,不由得十分焦急
It was after everything was rung up ($19)
每样东西都已经结清,总共19美元
that I discovered I had left my wallet at home that day.
这时我才发现,这天自己把钱包丢在家里了
After explaining to the clerk that I could not pay,
我只得向收银员解释,自己没法付款
we headed for the car to go home
然后我们走出杂货店,准备开车回家
and come up with a plan to beat the time crunch .
想办法补救一下流逝的时间
Half way to the car
我们快要走到车前,这时
and I hear a woman calling "sir, sir" from behind me.
我听到一位女士从我背后喊着“等等,先生!”
She had overheard us and offered to pay for our groceries.
她无意间听到了我们的对话,决定为我们支付食材的费用
After reminding myself to accept kindness as I like to give it,
通常情况下,我更愿意向他人表达善意,而不是接受,但我提醒过自己,也要懂得接受善意,所以,我收下了那位女士给我的钱
we were able to go home with food in hand
我和女儿们得以带着食材回到家里
and enjoy our family time together.
享受了一段美好的父女时光
My stress completely disappeared at that moment.
那个时候,我焦急的心情早已烟消云散
She said it was not a big deal, as she could afford to do it.
那时,那位女士还对我说,这只是举手之劳,既然她有帮助别人的能力,就应该帮助别人。
Ma'am, it was a HUGE deal!
可是我想说,不,女士,这绝非是举手之劳
I have since paid it forward at every opportunity
从那之后,我只要一有机会,就会向别人回馈那样的善意
and will continue to do so.
我也会一直这样做
- 上一篇
- 下一篇