和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > CNN news

正文

为什么美国住房价格会上涨?

2022-07-12来源:和谐英语

There are several factors behind rising home prices and the record high costs of rent.

房价上涨和租金创历史新高背后有几个因素。

We're about to show you what they are.

我们即将向你展示这几个因素是什么。

The reason this matters is that it contributes to inflation when overall prices go up and your money buys less.

很重要的原因是,当整体价格上涨、你的钱购买的东西减少时,这会导致通货膨胀。

This can impact the entire U.S. economy because it's largely based on the goods and services people buy.

这可能会影响整个美国经济,因为这在很大程度上是基于人们购买的商品和服务。

When it comes to home prices, it's not just about lumber and labor.

当谈到房价时,不仅仅是木材和劳动力的问题。

Practically everything is getting more expensive.

几乎所有的东西都变得更贵了。

This was nothing as I expected purchasing my first home.

这和我购买第一套房子的预期完全不同。

Allison Braun bought her first home in February after losing bidding wars and paying $75,000 over budget.

艾莉森·布劳恩在今年2月买了自己的第一套房子,此前她在竞价战中失利,超出预算支付了7.5万美元。

She settled on a fixer-upper, expecting to save some money.

她选择了一套需要修缮的房子,希望能省下一些钱。

It was really surprising getting in here and fixing things up.

我真的很惊讶,来到这里,修缮了房子。

Overwhelming is another way I'd explain it.

无法抵抗是我要解释的另一方面。

Rents are up a record 17 percent in the last year, with homes up nearly 20 percent and so are construction costs.

去年,租金上涨了创纪录的17%,房屋上涨了近20%,建筑成本也上涨了近20%。

Braun who works for the real estate company Redfin is redoing nearly every space in her home.

在房地产公司Redfin工作的布劳恩正在重新装修她家里的几乎每一个空间。

The kitchen needed new counters.

厨房需要新的柜台。

And we were really surprised by the cost, especially the labor to put them in.

我们真的对成本感到惊讶,特别是安装柜台的劳动力成本。

We wanted to figure out a way of how we can do our countertops on our own and save cost and labor.

我们想找到一种可以自己做台面的方法,节省成本和劳动力。

So, the concrete countertops were born.

因此,混凝土台面应运而生。

But it's not just homeowners getting stuck with higher costs.

但被更高的成本困住的不仅仅是房主。

Construction materials are up 24 percent in the last year.

建筑材料在去年上涨了24%。

Bill McGrath's company is installing elevators in this new residential housing complex in New Jersey. So far, they've put in two.

比尔·麦格拉思的公司正在新泽西州的这个新住宅区安装电梯。到目前为止,他们已经安装了两个电梯。

What are the materials in this elevator that you have seen an increase on?

这部电梯里你知道的涨价的材料是什么?

Well, right here, you have the electronics, which-this is a stainless steel.

嗯,就在这里,涨价的有电子器件,这是不锈钢的。

You have the plastics, the electronic boards behind it. That's costing more.

涨价的有塑料器件,这个器件背后的电路板。这要花更多的钱。

The ceilings, wood. You're standing on lumber. There's steel underneath.

天花板,木头。你站的木材。下面的钢材。

And is all of it going up?

所有这些价格都在上涨吗?

Yeah.

嗯。

Supply chain slowdowns and demand have pushed construction costs up, forcing projects to come in over-budget and over-deadline.

供应链放缓和相应的需求推高了建筑成本,迫使项目超出预算和最后期限。

How much more is this elevator going to cost than the one we just saw?

这部电梯比我们刚看到的那部贵多少钱?

We're at--right this one here is going to cost 17 percent more material cost than the other two that we completed.

我们所在的这一部电梯的材料成本将比我们完成的另外两部高出17%。

And he says his 18-person company is spending more on gas to bring materials in, up 24 percent in the last month.

他说,他的18名员工的公司在汽油上花费了更多资金才把材料运进来,上个月花费上涨了24%。

All of these rising costs will get passed down.

所有这些不断上升的成本会传递下去。