您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 疯狂英语 > 李阳疯狂英语突破对话
正文
李阳疯狂英语突破对话 Lesson76
2008-09-28来源:
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
A:Mr. Wilson, I’d like you to meet my wife, Joan.
威尔逊先生,让我给您介绍我的太太琼。
B:Very nice to meet you. This is a wonderful party.
很高兴认识您。这个聚会好极了。
A:Nice to meet you. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself.
有幸认识您。很高兴您玩得开心。
B:Would you like something to drink?
要不要喝点什么?
A:Yes, I’ll have a glass of white wine. Thank you.
给我来一杯白葡萄酒吧。谢谢。
B:There are some snacks over here. Please try some.
这儿有些小吃。请尝尝。
A:Mmm. They’re delicious. What recipe did you use?
啊,真好吃。您怎么做的?
B:Well, it’s a secret! Too bad your wife couldn’t join us tonight. I understand she had to leave town on business.
这是秘密!您太太今晚不能来真是太遗憾了。我知道她要出差。
A:Yes, unfortunately.
是的,真太不巧了。
B:So that leaves only you to take care of your son?
这样就只留下您照看儿子了。
B:We used to have a baby–sitter, but now he’s old enough to stay home alone.
我们以前有个保姆,但现在孩子大了,可以自己在家了。
A:How old is he?
他多大了?
B:Fourteen.
14岁。
A:Where does he go to school?
他在哪儿上学?
B:He’s at JFK High School.
在JFK中学。
A:What a coincidence. Our youngest goes to school there as well. She’ll graduate this spring.
真是太巧了。我们最小的女儿也在那上学。她今年春天毕业。
B:Does your daughter already know what she wants to do after graduation?
您女儿毕业后想干什么呢?
A:She’s thinking about going to Boston University.
她想去波士顿大学。
B:Oh, Boston is such a wonderful city for young people. As a matter of fact, I went there just last weekend.
噢,波士顿对年轻人来说真是个绝妙的城市。其实我上个周末刚去过那儿。
A:So did we.
我们也去了。
B:You’re kidding! What did you do there?
真的?你们去那儿做什么?
A:We just stopped for dinner on our way back from a skiing trip.
我们滑雪回来在那儿停留吃晚饭。
B:How nice! I used to go skiing all the time, but now I just don’t seem to find the time. Where did you say you went?
真棒!我过去常去滑雪,现在好像老没时间。你说你们去哪儿来着?
A:To a small, cozy place in Vermont. You should join us some time.
去了佛蒙特州一个小巧安逸的地方。你有时间可以跟我们一块去。
B:I’d love to. 好啊。
A:So tell us, how do you like life in New York?
你觉得纽约的生活怎么样?
B:It’s quite an adjustment. My wife and son are adapting quite well, though.
很多东西需要适应。我太太和儿子都很能适应的。
A:And what about you? 那你呢?
B:Between you and me, I just can’t get used to city life.
这只在你我之间说,我对城市生活就是不习惯。
额外成就感
舞会英语
wine 葡萄酒;酒
* Would you like red or white wine? 你是喝红酒还是白酒?
* I always like to take a bottle of wine as a gift when I’m invited to someone’s home for dinner.
我每次应邀请去别人家吃饭时,总爱带瓶酒作礼物。
recipe 烹饪法
* You have to give me your recipe for these cucumber noodles.
你要告诉我怎么做黄瓜面条。
* Can you write down the recipe for this dish? It’s delicious.
你能把这道菜的做法写下来吗?太好吃了。
coincidence 巧合;一致
* I can’t believe you grew up in Beijing as well. What a coincidence!
我简直不敢相信你也在北京长大。真是太巧了!
* We met each other by coincidence.
我们碰巧遇到了。
adapt 使适应
* It’s hard for me to get used to the city, but my son is adapting well.
我很难适应城市的生活,但是我的儿子倒适应得蛮快。
* Do you think it will be easy to adapt to life in America?
你认为我会很快适应美国的生活吗?