正文
前纽约警局警探就犯罪活动敲响警钟
Let's turn to Rob O'Donnell.
让我们连线罗布·奥唐奈。
He's a retired NYPD detective who joins me now.
他是一名退休的纽约警局警探,今日来到这里做客。
So this is a nice neighborhood.
这是个不错的社区。
The NYPD was on this woman.
纽约警局在调查这个女人。
She’s a serial pilferer and they tracked her to, as I said, my friend Bobby’s town house, which he’s never invited me to.
她是个连环窃贼,正如我所说,他们跟踪她到了我朋友鲍比的城市住房,他从来没有邀请我去过。
It’s fine.
这没什么。
And they caught her in the act.
他们当场抓住了她。
I mean, if this can happen to him, this can happen to anybody.
我是说,如果这能发生在他身上,这就可能发生在任何人身上。
What are we going to do about this?
我们该怎么办?
Well, burglary citywide is up almost 24%.
嗯,全市的入室盗窃率上升了近24%。
So here's a career criminal you said 26 arrests for her career most of them burglaries.
这是一名职业罪犯,你说她在整个职业生涯中被捕了26次,其中大多数都是因为入室行窃。
She has two active warrants.
她有两张有效的逮捕令。
She skipped out on a court-ordered drug program.
她逃脱了法院下令的戒毒计划。
And here she is breaking into someone’s house with their 10-year-old child sleeping upstairs.
现在她闯进了别人的家,当时主人10岁的孩子就睡在楼上。
You know, if this was just not a property crime individuals, this was a violent criminal looking to hurt someone you could have had another tragedy on your hands.
你要知道,如果这不仅仅是针对个人的财产犯罪,而是一个暴力罪犯试图伤害某人的话,你可能会面临另一场悲剧。
Violent crime is up 33% citywide.
全市的暴力犯罪率上升了33%。
So, if the judge sees this woman getting in front of his bench, and he doesn’t give any bail, he just lets her out and says “you go to drug rehab,” he’s looking at a rap sheet a mile long.
因此,如果法官看到这名女子站在他的法官席前,他不保释她,只是让她出去,说“你去戒毒所吧”,他看到一张长达一英里的犯罪记录。
Drug rehab?
戒毒所?
What is he thinking?
他在想什么?
Yeah, unfortunately, our great legislators in Albany have tied the hands of our judges.
是的,不幸的是,奥尔巴尼伟大的立法者束缚了我们法官的手脚。
As you can see, the police department is actively out there.
如你所见,警察局正在积极地进行调查。
What’s ironic about it is they call it the public safety team.
讽刺的是,他们称其为公共安全团队。
These individuals were the old street crime with the old anti-crime, you know, that were labeled as the bad police officers in New York City.
这些人之前曾在街头犯罪又反犯罪,你知道,他们被贴上了纽约市坏警察的标签。
This is what they do.
这就是他们所做的。
They are letting the police be the police.
他们让警察当警察。
They’ve relabeled them.
他们给他们重新贴上了标签。
They are tracking these criminals.
他们正在追踪这些罪犯。
The 19th Precinct tells me she was one of their top five burglary suspects for this year.
第19分局告诉我她是今年入室行窃的五大嫌疑犯之一。
And that's what they're out there pursuing and and looking to take off the street and they've taken her off the street 26 times.
这就是他们正在追捕的,他们还希望让她离开街头,他们已经把她从街上带走了26次。
What what's the mentality of NYPD if they just keep arresting the same people and then they have to rearrest them day after day?
如果纽约警察局一直在逮捕同样的人,然后日复一日地再次逮捕他们,他们是什么心态?
It's frustrating and that's why you're seeing a mass exodus in the NYPD.
很沮丧,这就是为什么你会看到纽约警察局出现大规模人员流失。
You're seeing the lack of recruitment to come back into the NYPD.
招人回到纽约警察局的招聘也不足。
You have a mayor who touted himself as a former police officer who never actually did bullying.
有一位市长曾吹嘘自己是一名前警察,从未欺凌过别人。
I worked with Eric Adams back in the Transit Police in the early 90s.
90年代初,我和埃里克·亚当斯在交通警察局共事过。
He just does not have the skill set to lead a police department like he portrayed during his campaign.
他不具备像他在竞选期间所描绘的那样领导一个警察部门的技能。
What was Adams like when you worked with him back in the day?
当年你和亚当斯共事的时候,他是什么样的人?
Well, he was really good at sitting at his desk.
他真的很擅长一直坐在办公桌前。
I don’t believe he has more than a handful of arrests for his 20-year career where you know, your active officers have four and 500 arrests.
我认为他在他20年的职业生涯中出警逮捕犯人的次数一只手都数得过来,要知道,现役警察在20年里应该都逮捕过四五百次犯人。
So I think that would speak for itself.
所以我认为这已经说明一切了。
That's interesting; I bet a lot of people didn't know that.
这很有趣;我打赌很多人都不知道这一点。
All right, Rob thanks so much for joining us.
好的,罗布,非常感谢你做客我们的节目。
No problem, Jessie.
不客气,杰西。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇