和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 国外节目 > 艾伦脱口秀 Ellen Show

正文

艾伦秀第90期:终于成功了

2016-06-03来源:和谐英语

1、actually

的确;真实地;事实上

One afternoon, I grew bored and actually fell asleep for a few minutes.

一天下午,我觉得有些无聊,还真的睡着了一小会儿。

Interest is only payable on the amount actually borrowed.

利息只能根据实际借款数目给付。

(用于纠正他人或表示反对)实际上,事实上

No, I'm not a student. I'm a doctor, actually.

不,我不是学生。实际上我是医生。

'So it's not a family show then?' —'Well, actually, I think that's exactly what it is.'

“那么这并不是一次家庭才艺表演了?”—“嗯,事实上我觉得这恰恰就是一次家庭才艺表演。”

(礼貌地表达与他人的期待所不同的观点)说实在的,说真的

'Do you think it's a good idea to socialize with one's patients?'—'Actually, I do, I think it's a great idea.'

“你认为和自己的病人交朋友的想法好吗?”—“说实在的,我认为很好,这个想法很棒。”

I would be surprised, actually, if he left Birmingham.

如果他要离开伯明翰,说真的,我会很惊讶。

2、imagine

想象;设想

He could not imagine a more peaceful scene.

他想象不出比这更祥和的景象。

She couldn't imagine living in a place like that.

她无法想象住在那样一个地方。

猜测;猜想;认为

I imagine you're referring to Jean-Paul Sartre.

我猜你说的是让-保罗·萨特。

We tend to imagine that the Victorians were very prim and proper.

我们往往认为维多利亚时代的人们都一本正经,谨言慎行。

臆想;幻想

I realised that I must have imagined the whole thing.

我意识到大概整件事都是我臆想出来的。