和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 国外节目 > 艾伦脱口秀 Ellen Show

正文

艾伦秀第91期:超爱健身

2016-06-03来源:和谐英语

1、actually

的确;真实地;事实上

One afternoon, I grew bored and actually fell asleep for a few minutes.

一天下午,我觉得有些无聊,还真的睡着了一小会儿。

Interest is only payable on the amount actually borrowed.

利息只能根据实际借款数目给付。

(用于纠正他人或表示反对)实际上,事实上

No, I'm not a student. I'm a doctor, actually.

不,我不是学生。实际上我是医生。

'So it's not a family show then?' —'Well, actually, I think that's exactly what it is.'

“那么这并不是一次家庭才艺表演了?”—“嗯,事实上我觉得这恰恰就是一次家庭才艺表演。”

(引入新话题)其实,说实在的

Well actually, John, I rang you for some advice.

这么说吧,约翰,我给你打电话是想得到些建议。

Actually, let's just read this little bit where you've made them bump into each other.

这样吧,我们就只读你让他们偶遇这一小段吧。

2、work out

想出,得到(解决方法);解(谜)

Negotiators are due to meet later today to work out a compromise.

谈判人员定于今天晚些时候进行会谈,商定一个折中方案。

It took me some time to work out what was causing this.

我花了一些时间才弄清此事的起因。

计算出,解出(数学题答案)

It is proving hard to work out the value of bankrupt firms' assets.

清算破产公司的资产值其实很困难。

When asked what a £40.35 meal for five people would cost each diner, they were unable to work it out.

问到5个人吃一顿饭花了40.35英镑,每人要出多少钱时,他们算不出来。

(如期)发生;进展(顺利)

Things just didn't work out as planned.

事情根本没有按计划进行。

I hope it will work out well.

我希望进展顺利。