和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 国外节目 > 艾伦脱口秀 Ellen Show

正文

艾伦秀第151期:纯真年代

2016-06-22来源:和谐英语
1、suppose
假定;假设;设想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假设有人给了你一枚鸡蛋并要你准确描述鸡蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假设他是对的,我确实明天就会死,那该怎么办?也许我应该再买一份保险。
(根据所知)认为,推断,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
这项政策非常清楚明了,我没有理由认为它不会奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed...
我很清楚那个问题比他料想的要更复杂。
我看;要我说;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
这些天我有点焦躁。我看是荷尔蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功课。
2、direction
方向;方位
St Andrews was ten miles in the opposite direction.
圣安德鲁斯在相反方向上 10 英里处。
He drove off in the direction of Larry's shop.
他驾车朝着拉里商店的方向驶去。
(发展)方向,趋势,倾向
They threatened to walk out if the party did not change direction.
他们威胁说,如果该党不改变方针,他们就将集体退席。
I've never done any sustained writing, but that might be one of my next directions.
我以前从未尝试过持续写作,不过那可能是我下一步努力的方向之一。
指示;说明;指路
I should know by now not to throw away the directions until we've finished cooking.
现在我知道了不该在饭没做完之前就扔掉烹饪说明。
He proceeded to give Dan directions to the computer room.
他接着告诉丹去计算机房该怎么走。