和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 国外节目 > 艾伦脱口秀 Ellen Show

正文

艾伦秀第163期:感到很自豪

2016-06-24来源:和谐英语

1、decide

决定,拿定主意(做)

She decided to do a secretarial course.

她决定修一门文秘课程。

He has decided that he doesn't want to embarrass the movement and will therefore step down.

他已拿定主意:他不想令运动陷入困窘的境地,因此决心辞职。

解决;判决;裁决

She was still young, he said, and that would be taken into account when deciding her sentence.

他说,她还年轻,而这一点在对她量刑时将会予以考虑。

This is an issue that should be decided by local and metropolitan government.

这个问题应该由当地及大都市政府共同解决。

(事件或事实)决定,确定(某一选择或结果)

The goal that decided the match came just before the interval.

决定本场比赛结果的进球是在中场休息前一刻打入的。

The results will decide if he will win a place at a good university.

这些成绩将决定他能否上一所好大学。

2、actually

的确;真实地;事实上

One afternoon, I grew bored and actually fell asleep for a few minutes.

一天下午,我觉得有些无聊,还真的睡着了一小会儿。

Interest is only payable on the amount actually borrowed.

利息只能根据实际借款数目给付。

(用于纠正他人或表示反对)实际上,事实上

No, I'm not a student. I'm a doctor, actually.

不,我不是学生。实际上我是医生。

'So it's not a family show then?' —'Well, actually, I think that's exactly what it is.'

“那么这并不是一次家庭才艺表演了?”—“嗯,事实上我觉得这恰恰就是一次家庭才艺表演。”

(引入新话题)其实,说实在的

Well actually, John, I rang you for some advice.

这么说吧,约翰,我给你打电话是想得到些建议。

Actually, let's just read this little bit where you've made them bump into each other.

这样吧,我们就只读你让他们偶遇这一小段吧。