和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:在大家面前说话感到紧张

2012-10-07来源:和谐英语

 

Simone: They’re about to introduce you. You’re on next. Are you ready?
他们正要介绍你。你是下一个,准备好了吗?

Gabriel: No...yes...no!
没……是的……没

Simone: You don’t look so well. Are you all right?
你看起来不那么好。你没事吧?

 

Gabriel: I don’t know. My palms are clammy, I’m breaking out into a cold sweat, and my legs feel like jelly.
我不知道。我的手心湿冷,我浑身冒冷汗,我的腿发颤。

Simone: It sounds like a bad case of stage fright, that’s all. Just take a deep breath. You’ll be fine.
那听起来像是怯场,仅此而已。只要深呼吸。就没事了。

 

Gabriel: I have butterflies in my stomach and my mouth is dry. Where can I get a glass of water?
我的心蹦蹦跳个不停,嘴唇发干。哪里我能喝杯水?

 

Simone: I don’t know and there isn’t time.
我不知道,没时间了。

 

Gabriel: Oh God, if I go out there, I’m going to freeze up or get tongue-tied. I just know it.
哦,上帝,如果我去哪里,我要变成呆子或是张口结舌。我知道会这样。

 

Simone: Get a hold of yourself. You’re well prepared and you’ll do a great job. Okay, they’ve just announced your name. Get out there!
冷静点。你准备得很充分,你会做得很好的。好的,他们刚刚宣布你的名字。出去吧!

 

Gabriel: I can’t!
我不能!

Simone: The entire audience is waiting for you. Pull yourself together and get out there!
全场观众等着你。振作起来,走出去!

Gabriel: Here goes nothing!
这没有用。

You’re on  排在break out into a cold sweat 冒冷汗a bad case of stage fright 怯场take a deep breath 深呼吸butterflies in my stomach 心蹦蹦跳freeze up 变成呆子tongue-tied 张口结舌Get a hold of yourself. 冷静点pull yourself together 振作起来Here goes nothing  白费心思, 无望