正文
地道美语听力练习:选择三明治
Geraldo: I am so hungry. When can we go eat?
杰拉尔多:我很饿。我们什么时候去吃饭?
Natasha: Just another minute and I'll be finished here. What do you have a craving for?
娜塔莎:再等一会儿,我就要完成了。你这么着急是为了什么?
Geraldo: I want a good sandwich, maybe a BLT or a pastrami on rye. Now that I think of it, a Reuben or a club sandwich would really hit the spot. I wonder if Nathan's is still open.
杰拉尔多:我想要一份好吃的三明治,比如说培根、生菜、番茄三明治,或者稞麦面包夹熏牛肉三明治。既然想到了,来一份鲁宾三明治或者俱乐部三明治会更到位。我怀疑 Nathan 店是否还在营业。
Natasha: I doubt it. It's really late.
娜塔莎:应该关门了。现在已经很晚了。
Geraldo: In that case, maybe we can find a diner where I can get a French dip or a cheesesteak sandwich. I'd even settle for a tuna or chicken salad sandwich.
杰拉尔多:要是这样的话,也许我们可以找到一家卖法式蘸汁三明治或者牛肉芝士三明治的餐馆。要是能吃到金枪鱼鸡肉沙拉三明治我也会心满意足的。
Natasha: The nearest diner is closed for renovations, remember?
娜塔莎:最近的餐馆因为重新装修暂时停业,想起来了吗?
Geraldo: What are we going to do?
杰拉尔多:那我们应该怎么办?
Natasha: I know of a place that's open and ready to serve.
娜塔莎:我知道有一处地方还在营业,并且现到现买。
Geraldo: Where?
杰拉尔多:哪里?
Natasha: My place.
娜塔莎:我家。
Geraldo: You can make me a good sandwich?
杰拉尔多:你能为我做好吃的三明治?
Natasha: You'll have a choice of grilled cheese or peanut butter and jelly. What do you say?
娜塔莎:你的选择有烤奶酪三明治,花生酱和果冻三明治。你意向如何?
Geraldo: I guess beggars can't be choosers.
杰拉尔多:我想,叫花子可不能挑肥拣瘦。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇