和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:表面的恩惠

2012-10-31来源:和谐英语

Melissa:I hate that guy Reuben. He's always getting in my face.
梅丽莎:我讨厌鲁宾那家伙。他总是一副咄咄逼人的样子。

Conan:Ooh, I sense some serious sexual tension between the two of you.
柯南:哦,我感觉你们俩之间有很强的性张力。

Melissa:Sexual tension? Are you out of your mind? He does nothing but give me a hard time.
梅丽莎:性张力?你是不是脑袋有问题?他只不过让我很难堪而已。

Conan:That's because he's trying to get your attention.
柯南:那是因为他在试图吸引你的注意。

Melissa:If he likes me, why doesn't he try to get my attention by showing off, like every other guy?
梅丽莎:如果他喜欢我,为什么不像其他男孩子那样秀自己来吸引我的注意。

Conan:Maybe he's trying to stand out among your many admirers.
柯南:也许他只是想从你众多的仰慕者里脱颖而出。

Melissa:Don't be stupid. I don't have a lot of admirers and I don't want one who makes my life miserable!
梅丽莎:别傻了。我哪有众多的仰慕者,而我不会喜欢一个令我痛苦的人。

Conan:Maybe if you throw him a bone, then he'll stop his antics.
柯南:也许你给他点甜头,他就会收手。

Melissa:What kind of a bone?
梅丽莎:什么样的甜头呢?

Conan:Ask him to the movies Saturday night.
柯南:邀请他周六晚出去看电影。

Melissa:Me, ask him out? You're certifiable!
梅丽莎:我,邀请他?你疯了!

Conan:I'm telling you that if you ask him out, he'll stop pestering you.
柯南:我的意思是你约他出去,他就不会再纠缠你了。

Melissa:Putting aside the fact that I find him repulsive, if I ask him out, he'll make me the laughingstock of this place.
梅丽莎:撇开我很反感他这个事实,如果我约他出去,他会让我成为这里的笑柄。

Conan:I don't think so. He'll get what he wants and he'll stop pestering you.
柯南:我不这样想。他达到目的就会罢休的。

Melissa:What if it backfires and he bothers me even more?
梅丽莎:万一适得其反,他比之前更烦人怎么办?

Conan:Then you'll get what you want—deep down!
柯南:在你内心深处,这正中下怀!