和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:消灭虫害

2012-11-11来源:和谐英语

Apartment Manager: This is the one-bedroom apartment we have for rent. Let me show you around.
房屋经理:这就是我们正在出租的一居室小公寓。让我带你四处看看。

Sherin: Wait! Did you see that? It looked like a mouse or a rat.
谢林:等等!你看见了没?那好像是一只老鼠。

Apartment Manager: There aren't any rodents or any other vermin in this apartment complex. I make sure of that.
房屋经理:在这栋公寓大楼里绝不会出现啮齿动物,或者其它害虫。我敢向你保证。

Sherin: Are you sure?
谢林:真的吗?

Apartment Manager: Sure, I'm sure. Only last month, I bought some mousetraps and rat poison and got rid of them all. This complex is rodent-free.
房屋经理:当然,我敢肯定。就在上个月,我买了一些老鼠夹和老鼠药,把它们都消灭掉了。这栋楼是“无老鼠”公寓。

Sherin: Oh, I see.
谢林:啊,我明白了。

Apartment Manager: And the month before that, we had roaches, ticks, and fleas, but I fumigated and they're gone.
房屋经理:并且在上上个月,这里还出现了蟑螂,虱子和跳蚤,我们用烟熏后才彻底消灭了它们。

Sherin: You called a pest control company?
谢林:你们联系虫害控制公司了吗?

Apartment Manager: I didn't need a pest control company to get rid of a few bugs. I did it myself.
房屋经理:我们不需要灭虫公司来帮我们消灭害虫。靠自己就行了。

Sherin: Oh, okay.
谢林:哦,好吧。

Apartment Manager: And six months ago, we had bedbugs, but thanks to my diligence, they're gone, too. So you want to see this apartment or don't you?
房屋经理:还有六个月前这里臭虫泛滥,但多亏了我的聪明,它们才消失。那么你还想再看看这间公寓吗?

Sherin: I think I'll pass. This conversation is making my skin crawl.
谢林:我想还是算了吧。这次谈话让我全身起鸡皮疙瘩。