和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:电视节目

2012-11-12来源:和谐英语

Cleo: The new TV season is starting this week and I can't wait. I've been watching reruns all summer and I'm ready for the premiers of my favorite shows.
克利奥:新一季电视剧从这个星期开始播,我都等不及了。整个暑假我都在观看重播。我已经准备好观看这部我最爱看的电视剧的首映。

Victor: You watch Madwomen, right?
维克多:你看《疯女人》,对吗?

Cleo: Yes, it's my favorite show.
克利奥:是的,它是我最爱看的电视剧。

Victor: Then I've got some bad news for you. It's been cancelled.
维克多:那么我有件坏消息要告诉你。它被取消了。

Cleo: How is that possible? The show was on hiatus last season because of contract negotiations, but I heard that it had been renewed for another season. The season finale was a cliffhanger!
克利奥:那怎么可能?因为合同协商事宜,这部电视剧的上一季曾暂时停播,但我听说已经又更新了一季。上一季结局真是扣人心弦!

Victor: I know, but something must have gone wrong. They filmed two episodes, which they'll air, but then there'll be a mid-season replacement.
维克多:我知道,但是肯定有什么事情不对劲。他们拍摄了两季,这两季都会播出,然而中间却被其它节目取代。

Cleo: This is outrageous! I've been waiting nearly two years for its return. Oh well, at least I can watch my other favorite show tonight, Reviver.
克利奥:真是骇人听闻!我等这部电视剧的回归有两年了。哎,不过,我至少还能观看另一部我喜欢的电视,《复活者》。

Victor: Sorry, but it's been preempted. The President is giving a televised speech tonight.
维克多:很抱歉,它也被占线了。总统今晚要在电视机前演讲。

Cleo: Are you kidding me?!
克利奥:你不是在开玩笑吧?!

Victor: Nope, sorry.
维克多:没有,抱歉。

Cleo: The world is conspiring against me. I've had enough. I'm giving up TV watching!
克利奥:全世界都在跟我作对。我受够了。我再也不看电视了!

Victor: You? That I've got to see!
维克多:你?我倒要看看!