和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:购买餐具

2012-11-13来源:和谐英语

Wendy:We need some new dinnerware. Nearly all of our plates and bowls are cracked or chipped.
温蒂:我们需要买一些新餐具。几乎所有的盘子和碗都开裂,破碎了。

Jason:All right, you do that.
詹森:好吧,你去买。

Wendy:Aren't you going to help?
温蒂:你不打算帮忙吗?

Jason:I trust your judgment. Whatever you like, I'll like, too.
詹森:我相信你的眼光。你喜欢的我都喜欢。

Wendy:But I need your input. For instance, this set has eight place settings: eight dinner plates, eight salad plates, eight soup bowls, and eight mugs. Everything is microwave-safe, too. What do you think of this pattern?
温蒂:但是我希望你也参与。比如说,这套餐具有八个餐位:8个餐盘,8个沙拉盘,8个汤碗,还有8个马克杯。在微波炉里加热都很安全。你觉得这个图案怎样?

Jason:It's great. Let's get that one.
詹森:很棒。就选那个吧。

Wendy:Wait! This set is a little more formal and the plates are bigger, about an inch larger in diameter. It has a nice blue pattern, see?
温蒂:等等!这套更正式一点,并且盘子更大,直径比那个大一英寸左右。看见了吗?蓝色的花纹也很好看。

Jason:Yeah, it's perfect. Let's buy that one.
詹森:是的,太完美了。就买那个吧。

Wendy:Oh, but look at these other options on this website. I don't think I can decide unless I can see them in person. Let's go.
温蒂:噢,但是再看看网上其他的选择吧。除非我亲眼看到它们,否则我做不了决定。我们走吧。

Jason:Go where?
詹森:去哪里?

Wendy:To the store. I don't want to buy something half-assed. We'll be using these dishes for many, many years.
温蒂:去商场。我不想半途而废。这些餐具我们会用很多,很多年。

Jason:Like I said, I trust your judgment. Buy whatever you want.
詹森:我刚说过,我相信你的眼光。只要你喜欢就买了吧。

Wendy:You're not coming with me? Come on. What can I do to get you to come with me?
温蒂:你不跟我一起去?来吧。要怎样你才会跟我一起去了?

Jason:You want me to go with you shopping on my day off and while the game is on? Dream on!
詹森:今天难得休息一天,而且比赛还在进行中,你却让我跟你一起去购物。别做梦了!