和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:运行试点计划

2012-11-13来源:和谐英语

Rosalind: How is the pilot program coming along?
罗莎琳德:那项试点计划进展得怎么样了?

Jimmy: We'll be ready to launch it in another month, but I have some serious reservations.
吉米:我们准备再过一个月启动,但对于一些问题我仍持保留意见。

Rosalind: Like what?
罗莎琳德:举个例子吧?

Jimmy: We haven't worked out all of the bugs yet and we might come up against some resistance from the community.
吉米:还有很多漏洞没有解决,因此可能会碰到来自社区的阻力。

Rosalind: Isn't that the nature of a pilot program? When you're paving the way, you're always going to have skeptics and dissenters.
罗莎琳德:这难道不是试点计划的本质吗?在你铺平道路时,总是会有怀疑者和反对者挡道。

Jimmy: You're right, of course, but there's a lot at stake. I just hope this trial run will win over some of those skeptics. It would be a shame to scrap this program after we've put in so much work.
吉米:当然是这样,但许多事正处在紧要关头。我只希望此次试验能够说服一些怀疑者。我们已经做了很多工作,如果废除这个计划就太可惜了。

Rosalind: After the program is launched, you'll have six months to prove its worth, right?
罗莎琳德:这项计划启动后,你将有6个月时间来证明它的价值,对吗?

Jimmy: Yeah, that's right.
吉米:是的,很对。

Rosalind: That's plenty of time for the dissenters to see the light.
罗莎琳德:你有充足的时间来赢得那些反对者的理解。

Jimmy: From your lips to God's ears!
吉米:但愿如此!