和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:收拾行装

2012-11-16来源:和谐英语

Ella:It's so exciting that you'll be spending a month studying in McQuillanland this summer. When do you start packing?
艾拉:想到你今年夏天要在McQuillanland学习一个月,我就感到兴奋。你什么时候开始收拾东西?

Marty:I've already started. The organizers of the program gave me a list of things I need to bring.
马蒂:已经开始了。这项计划的组织者给了我一张清单,上面写有必带的物品。

Ella:That's really helpful.
艾拉:这倒很有帮助。

Marty:Yeah. They say that it's essential that I bring both warm-weather and cold-weather clothes. The weather in McQuillanland is really uNPRedictable.
马蒂:是的。他们说带够衣服很重要,既要带天冷时穿的衣服,也要带天热的衣服。McQuillanland的天气很变幻莫测。

Ella:Oh, I didn't know that.
艾拉:啊,我不知道。

Marty:Yeah, and they say that it's advisable that I bring medications for every malady I can think of because there are a lot of health dangers.
马蒂:是的,他们还说携带我所能想到的,治疗各种疾病的药品是明智的选择,因为那边有许多健康问题。

Ella:Wow, I never knew that about McQuillanland.
艾拉:哇,我真不知道McQuillanland是这样的。

Marty:Me, neither. And while it's optional, it's also suggested that I leave all of my valuables at home. McQuillanland has a very high crime rate and visitors are often targeted.
马蒂:我也是。还有一个可选可不选的建议,就是把所有值钱的东西留在家里。 McQuillanland的犯罪率很高,游客常常是被袭击的对象。

Ella:Geez, that's a lot to take in.
艾拉:天哪,这真叫人难以接受。

Marty:You're telling me. And the list says that it is absolutely required that I take a self-defense course before going. You never know what to expect in McQuillanland.
马蒂:是你告诉我的。清单上还叮嘱我在去之前一定要上自卫课程。你绝不会知道在McQuillanland等待你的是什么?

Ella:You're not having second thoughts about going, are you?
艾拉:你现在开始后悔了,是吗?

Marty:No, why?
马蒂:不,为什么要后悔?