和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:求婚marriage proposal

2012-11-18来源:和谐英语

Sean:By now, I think you know how I feel about you. I'm madly in love with you and I believe in my heart of hearts that you're my soul mate.
肖恩:现在,我觉得你知道我对你的感觉。我疯狂地爱上了你。在我的内心深处,你就是我的灵魂伴侣。

Ayako:That's really sweet of you to say.
绫子:听你这么说,我觉得很窝心。

Sean:And because I feel the way I do, I would like to ask you a very important question.
肖恩:正因为这是我的真实感受,所以我想问你一件很重要的问题。

Ayako:Okay, but why are you getting down on one knee?
绫子:好吧,但是你为什么要单膝跪下呢?

Sean:Ayako, would you marry me?
肖恩:凌子,嫁给我好吗?

Ayako:Marry you?! Is this a marriage proposal?
绫子:嫁给你!你是在求婚吗?

Sean:Yes, and before you say anything else, I just want you to know that I've given this a lot of thought and I'm convinced that we're made for each other.
肖恩:是的,在你回答之前,我只想让你知道,我慎重考虑过多次,我深信咱们俩是天生的一对。

Ayako:I don't think...
绫子:我不这样认为......

Sean:And you just have to say the word and we could elope tomorrow, if you wanted to.
肖恩:只要你说出那个字,我们明天就可以私奔,只要你愿意的话。

Ayako:Elope?!
绫子:私奔?!

Sean:Or, if you prefer, we can have a lavish wedding. I'm not picky. I just want us to be husband and wife.
肖恩:或者,如果你喜欢的话,我们可以举行盛大的婚礼。这些我都不挑剔,只要你我成为夫妻就行。

Ayako:Sean, you're a really nice guy, but don't you think you might be jumping the gun?
绫子:肖恩,你人真的很好,但是你不觉得太心急了吗?

Sean:No. You know what they say: “When it's right, it's right.”
肖恩:不。你知道大家都在说:“当它对了的时候,它就对了。”

Ayako:We've only been on two dates!
绫子:我们只约会了两次!

Sean:Yes, but they have been the best two dates of my life!
肖恩:是的,但那是我一生中最幸福的两次约会!