和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:视频会议

2012-11-28来源:和谐英语

Ewan: Who's running the videoconference next week?
尤恩:下个星期谁要举行视频会议?

Petra: I am. Desmond put me in charge of it last week.
佩特拉:我。上个星期德斯蒙德指明要我负责。

Ewan: Oh, somebody's moving up in the world. It's nice that he's giving you more responsibility.
尤恩:哦,某人想爬得更高啊。这很好啊,老板越来越器重你了。

Petra: Yeah, but I'm not sure I'm ready.
佩特拉:是呀,但我不知道自己准备好了没有。

Ewan: I've set up conference calls and videoconferences before. Maybe you can tell me what you've already done and I can see if you've missed anything.
尤恩:我之前安排过电话和视频会议。你先告诉我你做过什么,然后我帮你参谋参谋。

Petra: That would be great. Okay, I've scheduled the meeting for 3:00...
佩特拉:那太好了。好,我把会议时间定在下午3点...

Ewan: Stop right there. If the videoconference is at 3:00 here, it's already 6:00 on the East Coast. That's too late to start the meeting, don't you think?
尤恩:先停在这儿吧。如果把会议定在3点的话,那时东岸就已经6点了。这时开会就太晚了,你不觉得吗?

Petra: Oh, I didn't factor in time zones! But I still have time to reschedule, I think, so it's not a total catastrophe.
佩特拉:啊,我没有考虑时区的因素!我想还有时间去重新制定日程,所以这还不完全是场灾难。

Ewan: Good. Be sure to initiate the call or the connection at least 10 minutes before the time of the meeting, and make sure you know how to reconnect someone if they get disconnected during the meeting.
尤恩:这就好。要确保在会议开始前至少10分钟发起调动或联系,并保证能联系上会议期间没有到场地人士。

Petra: I still need to figure that out.
佩特拉:我会想方设法做到。

Ewan: Are you facilitating the meeting, too?
尤恩:你也要负责推进会议吗?

Petra: I don't know. I guess so.
佩特拉:我不知道。应该是吧。

Ewan: In that case, make sure you identify each person by greeting them by name.
尤恩:这种情况下,要保证在问候称呼对方时,能确定对方的身份。

Petra: I was hoping to lurk in the background in case something went wrong. I'd be ready to troubleshoot.
佩特拉:我会躲在幕后,以防出错。我会准备好及时应对麻烦。

Ewan: If Desmond put you in charge of setting up the meeting, he'll want you to take a more active part.
尤恩:德斯蒙德要你负责会议,会希望你扮演一个积极的角色。

Ewan: What are you doing?
尤恩:你在干嘛?

Petra: Hyperventilating. I don't think I'm ready for this.
佩特拉:深呼吸。我觉得自己还没准备好。