和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:点餐 Ordering Soups and Salads

2012-12-18来源:和谐英语

After a long tiring day at work, I stopped at a restaurant nearby for a quick meal.
经过漫长的一天工作之后,我疲惫地在一家餐厅停下来,想要一份快餐。

Server: Hi, I’m Ursula. Can I get you something to drink?
服务生:嗨,我叫厄休拉。我给你叫点喝的东西?

Paulo: Yes, I’d like an iced tea and I’m also ready to order. I’ll just have a bowl of soup and a salad.
保罗:是的,我喜欢喝冰茶,我也想好点什么菜了。我要一碗汤和一份沙拉。

Server: Sure, no problem. What kind of soup would you like? We have chicken noodle, minestrone, and cream of mushroom.
服务生:好的,没问题。你喜欢什么汤?我们有鸡肉面汤、意大利通心粉汤和奶油蘑菇汤。

Paulo: Do you have something that’s hearty?
保罗:你们有没有可以补充体力的汤?

Server: If you want something hearty, I would suggest our clam chowder or beef stew.
服务生:如果你想喝那种汤,我建议你要一份蛤蜊浓汤或者炖牛肉。

Paulo: I’ll take a bowl of beef stew.
保罗:炖牛肉吧。

Server: Great! What kind of salad would you like: a chef salad, Caesar salad, or Cobb salad?
服务生:太好了!你喜欢什么样的沙拉:主厨沙拉、凯撒什锦沙拉还是柯布沙拉?

Paulo: I’ll just have a garden salad.
保罗:我想要一个田园沙拉。

Server: Okay, what kind of dressing would you like?
服务生:好吧,调料呢?

Paulo: What kind do you have?
保罗:都有什么调料?

Server: We have French, Italian, ranch, Thousand Island, and vinaigrette.
服务生:有法国风味、意大利风味、牧场风味、千岛风味和香醋风味。

Paulo: Do you have blue cheese?
保罗:有蓝纹奶酪的吗?

Server: Oh yes, I forgot to mention blue cheese. Okay, that’s a bowl of beef stew and a garden salad with blue cheese dressing. Will that be all?
服务生:哦,有,我忘了说蓝纹奶酪。好吧,一份炖牛肉和蓝纹奶酪调料的田园沙拉。就这些吗?

Paulo: Yes, that’s all.
保罗:是的,就这些。