夏季如何迅速降温?(4)
Ok, that makes sense. What about running my hands or forehead under a cold tap?
好,这说得通。那么,在冷水龙头下冲手或额头怎么样?
That’s your postrun remedy today, right?
这就是你跑步后的补救方法,对吗?
Heller says that’s smart. The water is cool but not freezing, and you’re getting it onto the AVAs in your palms and your face.
海勒说这很聪明。水很凉,但不冰。手掌和脸上的动静脉吻合血管(AVAs)处都沾上了水。
What about air conditioning? Does that help at all?
开空调怎么样? 这有用吗?
AC is good. It’s not the fastest cool down, but it definitely helps.
空调也不错。这不是最快的降温方式,但绝对有用。
You can also drink cold water. That will bring your core temperature down pretty quickly. Be careful not to guzzle a huge amount, though.
你也可以喝冷水。这会让你的核心温度快速下降。不过,要注意不能猛喝。
Too much water dilutes the fluids that carry signals amongst your cells, and that can lead to heart trouble and seizures, among other things.
水过量会稀释细胞中携带信号的液体,这会导致心脏病和癫痫等疾病。
Yeah, we talked about that on the last Your Health, Quickly episode.
是的,我们在上一期“健康快播”节目中谈到了这个问题。
What about a towel soaked in cold water, draped over my neck?
在脖子上披一条浸过冷水的毛巾怎么样?
That’s actually a terrible idea, according to our body heat expert.
根据体温专家的说法,这实际上是一个糟糕的想法。
Wait, really?
等等, 真的吗?
The reason is the brain has a thermostat that it uses to trigger the body’s natural cooling mechanisms, like sweating or passing blood through those AVAs.
原因是大脑有一个用来触发身体自然冷却机制的恒温器,比方说,当出汗或血液流经这些动静脉吻合血管时就会触发。
That brain region is located near the back of the neck.
那个大脑区域位于脖后方。
It uses neck skin temperature, and blood temps in major vessels there, to measure how hot you are.
它用颈部皮肤温度与主要血管的血液温度来测量体温是否过热。
So your cold towel is going to fool the brain’s thermostat into thinking that your body has cooled down.
冷毛巾会欺骗大脑的恒温器,让它认为你的身体已经降温了。
It’s going to shut down all your other natural cooling methods.
使用冷毛巾会关闭所有的自然冷却方法。
And you’ll stay uncomfortably and sometimes dangerously hot.
你会感到不舒服,有时还会热得要命。
Wow, good to know! I guess I will stick with splashing cool water on my face and hands.
哇,幸好知道了! 我想我会继续往脸上和手上泼凉水。
That is the mammal-approved heat fix. And it should certainly help you chill out.
这是哺乳动物认可的降温法。这肯定会帮助你把体温降下来。
Your Health, Quickly is produced by Tulika Bose, Jeff DelViscio and Kelso Harper.
“健康快播”由图里卡·博斯、杰夫·德尔维西奥和凯尔索·哈珀制作。
It’s edited by Elah Feder and Alexa Lim. Our music is composed by Dominic Smith.
本节目由以拉·菲德尔和亚历克莎·林编辑,由多米尼克·史密斯编曲。
Our show is a part of Scientific American’s podcast, Science, Quickly.
我们的节目是《科学美国人》播客“科学快播”的一部分。
You can subscribe wherever you get your podcasts. If you like the show, give us a rating or review!
无论你从哪里收听播客,都可以订阅我们的节目。如果你喜欢这个节目,请给我们评分、留下评论吧!
And if you have ideas for topics we should cover, send us an email at Yourhealthquickly@sciam.com.
如果你对我们报道的话题有什么想法,请发送邮件至Yourhealthquickly@sciam.com。
For Your Health, Quickly, I’m Tanya Lewis.
感谢收听“健康快播”,我是谭雅·刘易斯。
I’m Josh Fischman.
我是乔希·费什曼
We’ll be back in two weeks. Thanks for listening!
我们两周后见。感谢收听!
- 上一篇
- 下一篇