新同事们 New colleagues
2016-07-04来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
大家好,我是Feifei,这里是BBC6分钟英语。
And I’m Neil.
我是Neil。
How are you Neil and do you have a business fact for us today?
你好Neil,你今天给我们大家讲商业案例吗?
I’m very well, thank you, and today, I am going to tell you the number of different jobs the average person has in their whole lifetime.
我非常好,谢谢。今天我要告诉大家平均一个人一生中换过多少工作。
The number of different jobs the average person has in their lifetime: Come on then… how many?
平均一个人一生中换过工作的数量:得了吧...有多少?
Well, it’s a bit tricky to find a number that everyone agrees on, but most sources seem to say it’s between 10 and 15 jobs. How many jobs have you had so far in your life Feifei?
呃,找一个每个人都满意的数量有点难,但是绝大多数人一般换10-15分工作。Feifei,迄今你一共找过几份工作了?
I’ve only had three.
我只有3份
Only three – that’s not many for someone as old as you!
才3份---像你这么大年龄的人来说这并不算多
What! You know I’m not old!
什么!你知道我年龄不大!
Only joking! But with so much job-hopping…
仅仅是玩笑啦!但是现在跳槽的太多了...
‘Job-hopping’ means moving from job to job…
“跳槽”的意思就是从一份工作换到另一份工作...
Yes, it does - with so much job-hopping, it’s important to know what to say when you’re showing new colleagues around the office.
是的,的确是这样。在跳槽这么普遍的情况下,当你向新同事介绍办公室情况的时候知道说什么是很重要的。
Yes, showing them where everything is and how everything works and stuff like that.That’s important not just for colleagues but for visitors too.
是的,告诉他们每件东西在哪里,并且它们是怎样运转的。这(介绍办公室情况)不仅仅对新来同事比较重要,同样对来的访客们也很重要。
Yes and I’ve got a clip for you of our friend Derm showing a new colleague round their new office. Have a listen to this!
是的,我这有个例子是我们的朋友Derm带新同事参观他们的新办公室。来听听!
OK, so this is the main entrance, and you just have to swipe in here and just go through, and we’ll just go up to the third floor…right so here we are, now, we sit just over here, and the lockers are on the left, the loos are over there and your desk is this one. This is your computer, and the printer’s just in the far corner. Let me show you how the coffee machine works. OK? Right, well, I’ll leave you to it. I’m just over here if you need anything, just give me a shout, OK?
好的,这就是主门,你只需要在这里刷卡,穿过来,我们就直接到了三楼...对我们就到这了,现在,我们就在这里坐着,储物柜在左边,厕所在那边,这一个是你的桌子。。这是你的电脑,打印机在远处的角落里。让我告诉你怎么用咖啡机。OK?好的,我让你操作看看。我就在这里,有任何需要,就叫我一下,OK?
Well, there’s quite a lot of language there Neil.
厄,Neil,里面有好多种语言啊。
I know.
是啊。
So we really need to hear from the expert.
所以我们真的需要听一下专家是怎么说的。
It’s Business Betty!
Business Betty!
Hello Neil, hello Feifei! What can I do for you today?
你好Neil,你好Feifei。今天我需要我做什么吗?
Hello Betty, we’re talking about showing new colleagues and visitors around the office. Can you give us some tips?
你好,Betty,我们在谈论带新同事或访客们参观办公室。你能给我们些小贴士吗?
I most certainly can!When you’re showing someone round your workplace, it’s important to tell them the main things they need to know, but don’t confuse them with too much information. Just tell them the basics.So, they’ll need to know how to get into the building:
当然可以啊!当你带人参观你的办公场所时,告诉他们需要知道的主要东西是很重要的,但是不要告诉他们太多的信息免得让他们迷惑。只需告诉他们基本的就可以了。所以,他们需要知道怎样才能进入办公大楼。
You just have to swipe in here and just go through,
你只需要在这里刷卡,进去就行了。
Good. Tell them where exactly they’ll be working:
很好。准确地告诉他们将要工作的地方。
Right, so here we are, now we sit just over here,
向右走,就是这里,我们在这里坐下。
Tell them where everything is:
告诉他们东西都放在哪里:
The lockers are on the left, the loos are over there and your desk is this one.
储物柜在左边,厕所在那边,这个是你的办公桌。
Tell them where their equipment is:
告诉他们他们的设备在哪里:
This is your computer, and the printer’s just in the far corner…
这是你的电脑,打印机就在那边的角落里...
And tell them how things work!
告诉他们怎么用这些东西!
Let me show you how the coffee machine works.
让我告诉你咖啡机是怎么工作的。
And don’t forget to tell them how to get help if they need it!
不要忘记告诉他们怎样得到帮助如果他们需要的话!
I’m just over here if you need anything, just give me a shout, OK?
我就在这,有任何需要,你就喊我一下,OK?
Very good Neil! English speakers use the word ‘just’ a lot in situations like this.It helps keep the conversation light. Here are some examples.
很好,Neil!讲英语的人在这样的情形下用“just”用的很多。这可以让谈话变得轻松。这儿有些例子。
You just have to swipe in here and just go through;we’ll just go up to the third floor; now we sit just over here; the printer’s just in the far corner..
你只需要在这里刷一下卡,从这里进去。我们就上三楼。现在我们就坐这儿。打印机就在远处的角落里。
So: that’s how you show a visitor or new colleague round the workplace.Tell them the basics, use the word ‘just’ to keep things relaxed and tell them how to get help if they need it.
所以:这就是你怎样带领访客或新同事参观工作场所。告诉他们基本的东西,用“just”这个词为了保持放松,告诉他们如何得到帮助,如果他们需要。
Thanks Betty!
谢谢Betty!
Yes, thanks Betty.
是的,谢谢Betty。
You’re welcome. Bye for now!
不用客气,再见啦!
Bye!
再见!
Business Betty. Brilliant.
Business Betty,很有才。
I know! So Neil should we practise that?
我知道!所以Neil我们应该练习一下?
I think you should practise that!
我认为你应该练习一下!
Me?
我?
Most definitely. Let’s imagine that we’ve never met before, and I’ve come here to the BBC Learning English offices.You have to show me around and tell me where everything is, ok?
当然。假设我们之前从没见过,我来BBC Learning English 办公室。你带我参观一下,然后告诉我每件东西在哪,怎么样?
OK, let’s give it a go. Are you ready!
ok,让我们试一试。你准备好了吗!
I’m ready!
准备好了!
Right, so, welcome, err… What did you say your name was?
好的,欢迎,厄,你说你的名字是?
It’s Neil.
我叫Neil。
Oh yes, Neil. Welcome Neil to the BBC Learning English offices and as you can see we’re on the fifth floor. And our desks are just over here, OK?
啊,是的,Neil。欢迎你来到BBC Learning English 办公室,正如你看到的,我们在五楼。我们的办公桌就是在这边,好吗?
OK…
ok...
And you can use this desk here if you like, and if you look to your left the photocopier is just over there, can you see it?
如果你喜欢,你可以用这张桌子,向左边看那边就是复印机,你看到了吗?
Yes, I can see it, it’s just over there.
是的,我看到了,它就在那边。
And the loos are over there and the canteen is on the ground floor. Is that OK?
厕所在那边,食堂在一楼。知道了吗?
Yes, lovely, thank you. Can I get a cup of coffee?
是的,谢谢你。我能喝杯咖啡吗?
Oh yes, of course, let me show you how the coffee machine works.
当然可以,让我告诉你怎么用咖啡机。
Thanks very much.
非常谢谢你。
And if you need anything else, just ask.
如果你有其他任何需要,尽管问。
If I need anything else, I’ll just ask.
如果我有需要,我会问的。
Oh yes, and welcome to the BBC.
好的,欢迎来到BBC。
Thank you!
非常感谢!
So that was today’s role-play – how did I do?
这就是今天的角色扮演--我做的怎么样?
I think you were pretty good Feifei. You told me where everything is and you kept it light.And you said ‘welcome’ which was very friendly surprisingly.
我觉得非常好,Feifei。你告诉我每件东西都都在哪,并且谈话很轻松。并且你说了“welcome”这让人觉得非常亲切、很吃惊。
It was good fun actually Neil. I enjoyed it and that word ‘just’ is very useful.
这真的很有趣,Neil。我很喜欢,并且“just”这个词很有用。
Yes, it is very useful but we’ll just have to finish there.
是的,这非常有用,但是我们要在这里结束了。
Yes it’s goodbye and good luck to you if you’re showing any visitors or new colleagues round your workplace.Join us again for more 6 Minute English!
是的,再见,祝你好运,如果你在带领访客或新同事们参观工作场所。再次加入我们BBC6分钟英语!
Bye!
拜拜~