和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > BBC六分钟英语

正文

商务英语:规则 Business English: Rules

2016-07-04来源:和谐英语
Welcome to 6 Minute English! I’m Feifei.
欢迎大家来到BBC6分钟英语!我是Feifei。
And I’m Neil.
我是Neil。
In today’s programme… what’s that smell, Neil?Have you been smoking?
在今天的节目里...这是什么味儿,Neil?你一直在吸烟吗?
Smoking? Me? Absolutely not, no.
吸烟?我?绝对不可能。
Well, I’m sure I can smell it on your clothes.
呃,但是我确定是从你衣服上闻到的。
It’s not me. Smoking is against the rules here: in fact, it’s against the law.
不是我。吸烟在我们这是违反规定的:实际上,这是违反法律的。
Yes that’s true. It’s been in the news a lot recently and with more and more employers banning smoking in the workplace, today we’re talking about rules and regulations at work.Neil what do you think about rules at work – are they a necessary evil or are you a bit of a rebel?
是的,这是对的。最近有很多新闻报道越来越多的雇主禁止员工在工作场所吸烟,今天我们讨论的就是工作时的规章制度。Neil,你觉得工作规则怎么样--是令人生厌还是你有点反叛?
Ah, you know me, I’m a rebel through and through! Let’s hear from some other people to find out about some of the rules and regulations they have at their workplace.
呃,你知道我的,我是反叛的!让我们来听听其他人来了解他们工作时的一些规章制度。
I’m actually wearing jeans at work today and I think it’s good to be able to be comfortable when you come to work because you feel more relaxed and you can work a bit better.
我今天穿着牛仔裤来上班,我觉得这样在你工作的时候会很舒服,因为会让你觉得更放松,工作会更好。
In some countries and cultures, giving gifts as a business gift is very important, for example I lived in Japan for a couple of years and that at New Year’s holidays and at various other times of the year, it was very important to give gifts.
在一些国家和文化中,作为商务礼品赠送礼物是非常重要的,例如说我在日本生活过几年,在新年和很多其他的时候送礼是非常重要的。
At my workplace, we are not allowed to give out personal numbers because it’s a privacy issue and you just don’t know what might happen, so it’s for our own protection as well as in the interest of the company.
我们工作的场所是不允许提供个人数据给别人的,因为这是个人隐私,你也不知道(把个人数据给别人)会发生什么,所以这是对我们自己的保护并维护公司的利益。
So a few different rules there but Neil what’s the best way to talk about rules and regulations at work?
是有几个不同的规则的,Neil,谈论工作的规章制度最佳方式是什么?
Well, I can’t answer that Feifei!You know the rules of this programme don’t you?
额,我回答不了,Feifei!你知道节目的规则,不是吗?
What do you mean?
这是什么意思?
We always have to ask the very lovely Business Betty to answer our question, and I think I can hear her now…
我们的问题一直都是由那位非常可爱的 Business Betty来回答,我想我听到她来了...
It’s Business Betty!
是 Business Betty!
Hello Betty and may I say you’re looking very very lovely today…
你好 Betty,我想说你今天看上去非常非常可爱...
Thank you very much and what is today’s topic?
谢谢,今天的话题是什么?
It’s rules and regulations.
是规章制度。
OK, let’s look at some useful language for talking about rules and regulations at work.To start with, you can say that something is ‘against company policy’. For example, smoking in the office.
好的,让我们来看一些语言,适用于工作的规章制度。开始时,你可以说这是“违反公司的政策”。比如说,在办公室吸烟。
Smoking in the office is against company policy.
在办公室吸烟违反公司的政策。
Smoking in the office is against company policy. Or accepting gifts.
在办公室吸烟违反公司的政策。或收礼。
Accepting gifts is against company policy.
收礼违反公司的政策。
Good Neil.Another useful phrase is ‘I’m sorry, but we’re not allowed.’
很好,Neil。另一个很有用的短语是“很抱歉,这是不允许的。”
So we could say, I’m sorry, but we’re not allowed to accept gifts.
所以我们可以说,很抱歉,但是我们不能收礼。
I’m sorry, but we’re not allowed to give out personal details.
很抱歉,但我们不能给出个人详细信息。
‘I’m sorry, but we’re not allowed’. That’s quite a formal phrase, but you can use it in most situations.If you want to use a much more informal phrase Feifei, you can say ‘I’m afraid that’s a no-no’ when someone asks you if they can do something.
“很抱歉,但这是不允许的。”这是一个很正式的短语,但是你可以在绝大多数的情况下都可以使用。Feifei,如果你想用一个比较不正式的短语,你可以说“恐怕这是一个禁忌”当有人问你他们可否做什么的时候。
Are we allowed to wear shorts at work?
我们上班的时候可以穿短裤吗?
I’m afraid that’s a no-no.
恐怕这是一个禁忌。
Can I have John’s home phone number?
可以给我John家的电话号码吗?
I’m afraid that’s a no-no too.
恐怕这也是一个禁忌。
So you can say that something’s ‘against company policy’.You can use the phrase ‘I’m sorry, but we’re not allowed’ and then we’ve got an informal phrase ‘I’m sorry, that’s a no-no’. Is that enough for you?
所以你可以说这“违反公司的政策。”你可以使用短语“很抱歉,这是不允许的”,非正式的短语就是“恐怕这是一个禁忌。”这足够了吗?
That’s absolutely wonderful, thanks Betty.
这简直太棒了,谢谢你 Betty。
Well if there’s nothing else, I’ll be on my way.
好,如果没有别的什么事,我就走了。
Thanks for coming Betty.
谢谢你的到来。
Bye Betty…
再见Betty。
Bye!
拜~
She’s just the best, isn’t she?
她做的很棒,不是吗?
I know - I don’t know what we’d do without her. So Neil, are you ready for a role-play about rules?
我知道——不知道没有她我们会怎么办。Neil,你准备好角色互换了吗?
Only if I can be the boss!
只要我是老板就行!
I’m afraid that’s a no-no.
恐怕这是个禁忌。
Ha ha, very funny. I like that. Is it against company policy?
哈哈,很有意思。我喜欢。这违反公司的政策吗?
Ha ha, funny, yourself.
哈哈,你真有意思。
So what’s the situation?
现在是什么情况?
OK, we work at the same place. I’ve been there for years, and you’re new, you’ve been with the company for about a week and you want to know if you’re allowed to do certain things. Do you think you can manage that?
我们在同一地方上班。我在这工作已经几年了,你是新来的,在公司呆了差不多一周,你想知道你可不可以做一些事。你觉得你可以做好吗?
I’ll do my best. Right, getting ready…
我会尽力的。好了。准备...
Ready?
好了吗?
Let’s do it.Hello Feifei!
让我们开始吧。你好,Feifei!
Hi Neil! How are you settling in?
你好,Neil!感觉怎么样?
Oh, quite well, everybody’s very friendly and everything but there are still a few things I’m a bit confused about though.
很好,每个人都很友善,但是我有些事还是有点小困惑。
Oh, anything I can help with?
Oh,有什么可以帮忙的吗?
Well yes, the thing is, I know we’re not allowed to smoke inside but what about outside? Are we allowed to smoke in the car park?
是这样的,我知道我们在办公室是不允许吸烟的,但是出去可以吗?在停车场吸烟可以吗?
No, I’m sorry but we’re not allowed. Smoking’s against company policy, even in the car park.
不可以,这是不允许的。吸烟违反公司的规定,即使是在停车场。
OK, I thought so.I just wanted to check. And I was wondering, what about wearing shorts at work? Is that allowed?
好的,我也是这么想的。我只是确认下。我还想知道的是,在工作的时候穿短裤呢?是允许的吗?
No, wearing shorts, that’s a big no-no.
不允许,穿短裤,是一个大禁忌。
Hmm but I saw Charlie wearing shorts on Monday and I thought -
Hmm,但是我周一的时候看到Charlie穿着短裤,我以为...
Noooo… Monday was his day off and he just popped in to pick something up. Wearing jeans at work is against company policy, definitely. It’s not very business-like.
不是,周一他休息,他只是突然过来拿东西。穿牛仔上班绝对违反公司的政策。显得不务实。
Oh, right, I see. OK and I wanted to go home early on Friday. I guess that’s not allowed either, is it?
好的,我明白了。我想周五的时候早点回家。我想那也是不允许的,对吧?
No, I’m afraid it isn’t. So that’s the end of the role play, how was it for you Neil?
是的,恐怕这是不允许的。这就是角色扮演的结尾了,Neil这个角色怎么样?
Yep very good, but my word – what a lot of rules, I’m glad we don’t have as many as that here at BBC Learning English!
很好,但是我说的话---怎么那么多规定,很高兴的是在BBC Learning English的规定没有这么多!
Yes I know.We’re quite relaxed here. Join us again soon for another episode of 6 Minute English. Bye.
是的。我们在这很放松。欢迎继续收听我们下一期的BBC6分钟英语
Bye!
拜~