商务英语:销售那些事 Business English: Describing sales
2016-07-05来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
欢迎来到BBC6分钟英语!我是Feifei,
And I’m Neil.
我是Neil。
And in today’s programme we’re talking about – err, actually, what are we talking about today Neil?
在今天的节目里我们要讨论--呃,其实,我们今天要讨论什么呢,Neil?
Well, I’ve made a big decision today Feifei.Everybody has a mobile phone and I’m not like everybody, I am an individual, so I’ve decided to get rid of my phone.
嗯,今天我做了一个重大的决定Feifei。每人人手一台手机,我不想和大家一样,我是个个人,因此我决定不再使用手机。
But everyone in this country has got a phone.
但是我们国家每个人都有一部手机。
That’s just the point. I’ve got this report from Ofcom, the UK telecoms regulator that says that 92% of UK adults now own a mobile phone.
这就是重点。我从Ofcom公司--英国电信监管机构得到的一份报告说在英国92%的成人有一部移动电话。
Apart from you.
除了你。
Apart from me.
除了我。
Oh, but that’s just you being special. Anyway, more and more people are now actually buying mobile phones, not just in the UK but across the world.
哦,但你这仅是特殊的。不管怎么说,不仅在英国,而且在全世界现在越来越多的人买手机。
That’s true, and manufacturers are always designing better handsets so that they can sell more and more, and increase their profits.
是的,制造商总是设计出更好的手机,这样他们就能卖的更多,增加他们的利润。
Yes, like new smartphones that allow you to search the internet and make phone calls, but companies have to keep up with the latest technology to survive.
是的,像新智能手机,你可以用它上网,打电话,但生产公司一定要跟上最新的技术才能生存。
True, otherwise you might hear this kind of report in the news.
对的,不然你可能会听到这样的新闻。
It’s been a bad year for the company, although it started well with an unexpected rise in sales of their new phone.In fact sales rose in the first quarter and peaked in March, with over 10,000 being sold. But following the launch of a rival’s new smartphone, sales declined steadily.It decided to cut its prices in June which caused a boost in sales, but they then fluctuated and finally levelled off in September.Since then, it’s selling only around 1,000 handsets a month.
对公司来说这是糟糕的一年,尽管在开始的时候新款手机的销售量出乎意料的好。其实在第一季度销售是增长的,三月份达到高峰,销售量超过10,000。但随着之后竞争对手新的智能手机的推出,销售额逐步下降。六月份公司决定降低价格来刺激销售量,但销售量却一直波动直到9月份才稳定下来。从那时起每月大概只能卖出1000台。
So an interesting year for this phone company. Did you get all that?
对这个手机公司来讲是有趣的一年。你都得到了吗?
Well, I was trying to follow what happened. There was a lot of going up and down.
呃,我一直在注意发生了什么。一直起起伏伏。
Oh, hang on. What’s that? Hang on a minute, it’s the phone.
Oh,等一下。怎么了?等会,是手机响。
What?!
什么?!
Hello, yes, yes. Of course, Betty.
你好,是的是的。当然了,Betty。
Is that Business Betty?
是 Business Betty吗?
Yes. She’s stuck outside and she wants me to let her in. Come on in!
是的。她被锁在外头了,想让我给她开门。进来吧!
But before we carry on, I thought you just said you don’t have a phone?
但在我们开始之前,你不是说你没手机吗?
I don’t have one, it’s just for emergencies.
我自己还没有,它只是用于紧急情况。
But that’s still a phone.
但那依然是个手机啊。
But you need one for emergencies.
你需要一部电话用于紧急情况。
Hello Business Betty!! You’re just in time!
你好, Business Betty!你来的正是时候!
Just in time, good good! Now, what can I help you with today?
真是时候,很好很好!今天能帮到什么呢?
Can you go over some useful language for describing sales in business?
你能给我们一些用于描述商务销售的词语吗?
I’d be delighted. So, to start with, when you’re talking about sales, you need to give a general overview. You could say ’The situation is good’.
很乐意。当说到销售,在开始时,你需要给一段销售的概述。你可以说“状况很好”。
The situation is good.
状况很好。
And then to explain the situation, you can say ’We can see from the sales figures that…’
然后解释这个状况,你可以说“我们从销售数字可以看到...”
We can see from the sales figures that…
我们从销售数字可以看到...
Or, ’As the graph shows…’
或者“如图所示...”
As the graph shows…
如图所示...
Next you need some key vocabulary to describe sales figures.There are lots of words you can use to say that sales have gone up. We can say ’increased’.
接下来你需要一些关键词汇来描述销售数字。有非常多的此你可以用来说销售量的增长。我们可以说“增加”。
Increased: Sales increased in January.
增加:一月份的销售量增加了。
Rise.
上升。
Rise: There was a large rise in sales in February.
上升:销售量在二月份有了一个很大的上升。
Or the past of rise: rose.
或者是Rise的过去式:rose。
Rose: Sales rose last year.
上升(rise的过去式):去年销售量增加了。
If things changed a lot and went up and down, you can say ’They fluctuated’.
如果数字变化很多,并且起起伏伏,你可以说“他们波动”。
Fluctuated: Sales fluctuated for two months.
波动:销售量波动了两个月。
And when sales reach their highest point, you can say ’They have peaked’.
当销售量达到最高点,你可以说“他们已达到高峰。”
Peaked: Sales peaked in December.
高峰:销售量在十二月达到高峰。
That’s right. And when sales remain steady and don’t change ’They are level’ or ’have levelled’.
对了。当销售量很稳定变化不大“销售量很平稳”或者“已达到平稳”。
Level or levelled: Sales finally levelled in September.
平稳或已达到平稳:销售量最终在9月份达到平稳。
Thanks Betty, all very useful. But what happens when a company’s sales are very bad?
谢谢你Betty。很有用。但是当一个公司销售量不好时该怎么办呢?
Then you might say that ’Sales have declined’ or ’dropped’.
你可以这样说:“销售量已经下降”或“降低”。
Sales have declined or sales have dropped. Now that’s not good news, but you’ve been brilliant. Thanks Betty.
销售量已经下降或销售量已经降低。这可不是好消息,但是你一直很聪明。谢谢Betty。
You’re welcome. Bye bye for now.
不客气。那再见了。
Bye.
拜~
I think things are a lot clearer now.
我认为事情现在已经很清楚了。
Yes, crystal clear! So do you know what that means?
是的,晶莹剔透!那么你知不知道这意味着吗?
Time for me to be the boss in the role-play!
轮到我在角色扮演中当一把老板了!
I’ll be the boss.
我要当老板。
Again!
又一次!
Yes again, and you need to come to me and tell me about our sales figures – they better be good.
是的,又一次,而且你要来找我并告诉我关于销售量的事--最好销售量很好。
Come in.
请进。
Hello Feifei, I’ve got those sales figures you asked for.
你好,Feifei,我已经把你要的销售数据带来了。
Great. Please give me the details.
太好了。你给我讲讲细节吧。
This graph shows the monthly sales of mobile phones for last year. We can see that sales of mobile phones declined steadily in January, but then increased in February.
这个图表明在上一年我们每个月手机的销售量。我们可以看到手机的销售量在一月份一直下降,然后在二月份增加了。
So they’re on the rise?
所以是在上升?
Yes, but they fluctuated considerably in July and August, reaching a peak of 6,200 per month in September.
是的,但是在7、8月份波动很大,到9月份达到高峰,销量达6,200部。
So that was our biggest month for sales?
所以那是我们卖出去最多的一个月?
Actually no. Sales levelled off in October through to November. But by December there was a large rise, as you can see on this graph.
实际上不是的。销量在10月到11月趋于平稳 。但是到12月有了一个很大的增长,你可以在这个图中看到。
A large rise, excellent. Bonuses all round!
是增长很多,非常棒。都有奖金!
Were you happy with the sales figures Feifei?
Feifei,你看到这些销售数字高兴吗?
Of course, a large rise in sales at the end of the year is brilliant!
当然,在年底销售有一个大的增长是多么辉煌!
So about the bonus you mentioned? When would I get that?
你提到的奖金呢?我什么时候能拿到?
Neil, it was just a role-play.
Neil,那仅仅是个角色互换的表演。
No, but you said I’d get a bonus, so…
不会吧,你刚刚说我有奖金,所以...
That’s all we have time for today. Say goodbye…
这就是我们今天所有的节目。再见了...
Bye!
再见!
相关文章
- 对Z一代的描述Describing Generation Z
- 年轻有为Young and in business
- 长大成人还住家里的那些事 Grown up and living at home
- 男女不同的大脑那些事儿 The male brain, the female brain
- 商务英语:社会交际 Business English: Socialising
- 商务英语:守时 Business English: Punctuality
- 商务英语:工作中使用IT技术 Business English: Using technology at work
- 商务英语:询问个人问题 Business English: Asking personal questions
- 商务英语:规则 Business English: Rules
- 商务英语:安排会议 Business English: Arranging meetings