商务英语:社会交际 Business English: Socialising
2016-07-06来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
欢迎来到新一期的BBC6分钟英语,我是Feifei。
And me, Neil.
还有我,Neil。
And what are we talking about today Neil?
今天我们谈论什么呢,Neil?
Well, today’s programme is all about business socialising. And, as we all know, socialising is a very important aspect of working life. Although it doesn’t always go the way we want it to, does it Feifei?
恩,今天我们来说一下商务社交活动。众所周知,社交是工作非常重要的一部分。尽管它并不总是呈现我们想要的方式,是么,Feifei?
If you’re referring to the office New Year party, we said we wouldn’t mention that again…
如果你说的是办公室新年趴,那还是不要再说的好...
OK, I definitely won’t mention the word photocopier… Anyway, Feifei, I’ve been out and about talking to people about embarrassing things that happened to them while they were socialising at work. Have a listen to this!
好,我绝不再提复印机这个词...不管怎样,Feifei,我一直和人们谈论在工作社交中发生在他们身上的尴尬事。来听听吧!
I was on a business trip abroad and people had quite difficult foreign names. I kept getting the names wrong with the people – so I’d be calling a man by a woman’s name and a woman by a man’s name. It was very embarrassing, but they were very nice about it.
我曾经因工作事情出国,他们的名字都很难叫。我老是叫错人--把男生叫成女生的名字,把女生叫成男生的名字。这是非常尴尬的,但是他们(对我叫错他们名字的事)都很好。
I always enjoying going to business socialising occasions, such as cocktail parties or conferences. But one of the most embarrassing things is you see somebody you find them familiar, you know you’ve met them before but you can’t remember their names, especially sometimes you get mixed up with where they work and job title, so that’s one thing I find embarrassing.
我总是喜欢去商业社交场合,比如鸡尾酒会或会议。但是很尴尬的一件事就是你觉得某个人很熟悉,你知道你曾见过他们但是你不记得他们叫什么,尤其是当你弄错他们的工作地点和职业的时候,这是我觉得很尴尬的。
Oh dear. That sounds so embarrassing, poor lady! I’m sure something like that has never happened to you Neil?
亲爱的,听起来真是蛮尴尬的,可怜的人!我想你从来没遇到过类似的事吧,Neil?
No Feifei, as you well know I never mix business with pleasure any more.Here’s Business Betty to help us find out what that poor lady should have done!
是的,Feifei,你知道我从来不会将工作和娱乐混为一谈。接下来就让 Business Betty告诉我们那个可怜的小姐应该怎么做!
Hello you two! I trust you never find yourself in that situation but if you do, here’s what to do.If you’ve forgotten someone’s name or job title or where you have met them before, don’t panic! The best thing to do is: find out, apologise and move on.I’ll say that again: find out, apologise and move on. A good way to find out someone’s name is to say "I think we’ve met before, haven’t we?"
你们好!我相信你从来没遇到过那种状况,但是假如你遇到了,应该这么做:如果你记不清某人的名字或者他的职业或者你以前在哪里遇到他们的,不要慌张!最好的方法就是:(把问题)找出来,道歉,继续进行话题谈论。我再说一遍:(把问题)找出来,道歉,继续进行话题谈论。一个很好的知道别人名字的方法是“我觉得我们以前见过,不是吗?”
I think we’ve met before, haven’t we?
我觉得我们以前见过,不是吗
Or "You must be Feifei"
或者“你一定是Feifei吧”
Oh hello, you must be Feifei.
你好,你一定是Feifei吧
Or, "I can’t quite remember your name."
或者“我不太记得你的名字了。”
I can’t quite remember your name.
我不太记得你的名字了
Step two is the apology. Neil, can you apologise please:
接下来就是道歉。Neil,你可以这样道歉:
Feifei, of course, how silly of me to forget.
Feifei,当然是了,真笨我竟然忘了。
Or say this:
或这样说:
Oh yes, of course, I’m so sorry!
是的,当然是了,太抱歉了!
And once you’ve found out and apologised, move on! We all make mistakes and the best thing to do is get on with business. A really easy way to move things on is to say "How are things with you?"
你一旦知道并道歉了,就继续谈论下去!我们都会犯错,要做的最要紧的事就是继续谈业务。一个真的很简单推进谈话的话就是“你怎么样啊?”
How are things with you?
你怎么样啊?
And even easier is, "How are you?"
更简单的是“你好吗?”
How are you?
你好吗?
And then you can get on with things. Remember, we all make mistakes, and knowing how to get out of tricky situations is what makes the difference.Just try to keep the conversation flowing.
然后你就可以继续谈业务。记住,我们都会犯错,知道如何摆脱棘手的情况是有区别的。只是尽量保持谈话继续。
We will Business Betty. You’re the best!
我们会的, Betty。你是最棒的!
So there you go! Find out.
这样就可以了 !找出来。
Apologise.
道歉。
And move on! She really does know what she’s talking about that Betty…
然后继续!她是真的知道她说的什么...
You’ll never go wrong with Business Betty!
和 Business Betty在一起你永远不会错的!
Neil…?
Neil…?
Do you feel a role-play coming on?
你下面想进行角色转换吗?
Yes! It’s role-play time!
当然!现在是角色转换时间!
Surely it’s my turn to be the boss?
肯定是轮到我来当老大了吧?
There’s no boss today, I’m afraid. For today’s role-play, let’s say we’re at a business event, and you see me, and you remember you’ve met me before, and you really want to talk to me, but you can’t remember my name. OK?
恐怕今天没老大的角色。今天的角色扮演是这样的:我们在一个商业活动里,你看到我了,你记得以前见过我,但不记得我的名字了,然而你又很想和我谈话。ok?
I want to talk to you, but I can’t remember your name. Hmmm, could be tricky.
我想和你说话,但又记不起来你的名字。嗯,很棘手。
You’ll be fine. Are you ready?
你会表现好的,准备好了吗?
I’m ready!
准备好了!
Hi there.
嘿,你好。
Oh hello.
哦你好。
I think we’ve met before haven’t we?
我觉得我们之前见过,是吧?
Errr, have we? Oh yes, we met a couple of months ago, didn’t we?You knocked the cup of coffee over? It’s Neil… how are you Neil?
呃呃呃,有吗?哦`,是的,几个月前我们见过,对吧?你碰倒了一杯咖啡?你是Neil...你好啊Neil?
I’m good, very good. Please forgive me. I can’t quite remember your name.
我很好,非常好。请原谅我。我记不起你的名字了。
It’s Feifei.
我是Feifei。
Of course, Feifei, how silly of me to forget. How are things with you?
当然了,你是Feifei,真笨竟然忘记你的名字。你怎么样?
How was that for you?
你觉得怎么样?
Not too bad actually, I felt embarrassed though because I didn’t know your name but I was pleased because I dealt with it quickly and moved the conversation on.
不算太坏,因为我记不得你的名字我觉得很尴尬,但是我很高兴,因为我很迅速的将其化解了,并且将谈话继续下去。
That’s the way to do it! Do you want to try another one?
就应该那么做!你还想进行另外一个角色转换吗?
Yes go on, I’m feeling quite confident now!
是的,继续吧。我现在觉得很自信了!
OK, this time, we’re at a business event. You think you know who I am and you want to come to say hello, OK?
好的,这次我们还是在商务活动。你以为你知道我是谁,并想和我打招呼,ok?
I think I know who you are and I want to talk to you. Got it!
我知道你是谁,并想和你打招呼。明白了!
Ready?
准备好了吗?
Bring it on!
来吧!
Oh hello, you must be Feifei.
oh你好,你一定是Feifei吧。
Yeah, hi there. Nice to meet you. You are...?
是的,嘿你好。很高兴见到你。你是...?
I’m Neil.
Neil。
I don’t think we’ve met before, have we?
我觉得我们之前没见过吧,是吗?
Actually, I think we might have. You work in the media, right?
实际上,我认为我们或许见过。你在媒体工作,对吧?
I do, yes.
是的,我是。
Yes I thought so: we were at the same dinner last month.
是的,我也是这么想的:我们上月出席过同一个晚宴。
Oh yes, of course. I’m so sorry! How are you?
啊,是啊,当然。太抱歉了!你好吗?
Well done Neil. Another tricky situation, another success!
做的很棒,Neil。又一个棘手的情况,又一次成功!
Find out, apologise and move on. Except this time I found out and you apologised!
(把问题)找出来,道歉,继续进行话题谈论。只是这次我找出的问题,你道的歉!
Ha, yes, it works both ways.
哈,是的,两种方式都行得通。
It’s a miracle!
这真是个奇迹!
Join us again for another episode of 6 Minute English.
欢迎再次加入我们新一期BBC6分钟英语。
Err Feifei?
呃呃呃Feifei?
Yes?
怎么了?
What’s your name again?
我想再问一下你的名字是?
Goodbye Neil, goodbye everyone.
再见Neil,大家拜拜了。
Goodbye.
拜~
相关文章
- 年轻有为Young and in business
- 商务英语:守时 Business English: Punctuality
- 商务英语:工作中使用IT技术 Business English: Using technology at work
- 商务英语:销售那些事 Business English: Describing sales
- 商务英语:询问个人问题 Business English: Asking personal questions
- 商务英语:规则 Business English: Rules
- 商务英语:安排会议 Business English: Arranging meetings
- 商务英语:客户投诉 Business English: Customer complaints