和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语学习 > 英语口语

正文

表达今天晚上蛮冷的

2008-08-19来源:
   Herbert: Oh, that's 1) music to my ears.

  赫伯特: 噢,这话听起来真是太悦耳了。

  Rose: It's really 2) chilly tonight.

  柔丝: 今天晚上蛮冷的。

  Herbert: Here, why don't you have my 3) jacket.

  赫伯特: 来,披上我的外套。

  Rose: Oh, thanks, Herb.

  柔丝: 谢谢你,赫伯。

  Herbert: Maybe I can put my arm around you……

  赫伯特: 或许我该搂着你……

  语言详解

  A: Here, try this jacket on.

  来,穿这件夹克试试。

  B: OK, just let me take off my sweater first.

  好,先让我把毛衣脱掉。

  “That's music to my ears.   我最爱听这种话了”

  这句话的意思就是That's what I like to hear. 表示对方说的话,正好是自己喜欢听的,一如天籁般的悦耳。

  A:  I heard you're finishing up your dissertation this month.

  听说你们行销计划这个月就可以写完。

  B:  Ahhh. Say that again. That's music to my ears.

  你再说一次。这话听起来真是太悦耳了。

  1) music (n.) 音乐,对话里指的是“悦耳的话”。

  2) Chilly  (a.) 寒冷的

  3) jacket (n.) 短上衣,外套