和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语学习 > 英语口语

正文

你真会小题大做的表达

2008-08-20来源:
   Rose: (1) embarrassed) Tell you more about what?

  柔丝:(不好意思)要再跟你说什么?

  Sue:   About Herbert! You said he was boring.

  苏:   赫伯特啊!你说过他很无趣的。

  Rose: Yes, that's what I thought before.

  柔丝:是啊,我以前是这么觉得。

  Sue:   So, are you saying you 2) kind of like him?

  苏:   所以你是说,你现在有点喜欢他罗?

  Rose: You 3) blow everything out of proportion.

  柔丝:你真会小题大做。

  Sue:   So why is he 4) all of a sudden not so boring?

  苏:   那他为什么突然不无趣了?

  Rose: We have a lot 5) in common.

  柔丝:我们有许多共通点。

  Sue:   Since when?

  苏:   从哪时候开始有共通点了?

  语言详解

  A: Would you ever consider marrying me?

  你有没有可能考虑跟我结婚?

  B: No. We have absolutely nothing in common.

  没有。我们完全没有共通点。

  “to blow something out of proportion 言过其实,小题大做”

  out of proportion是“大到不成比例”blow是“吹”的意思,在美语中有“吹牛”的意思。

  A: I can't believe you ignored me like that!

  我不敢相信你会这样躲避我!

  B: I couldn't take your call. Don't blow it out of proportion.

  我只是没办法接你的电话。别夸大其词了。

  A: She said I was cute. She thinks I'm too short and childlike!

  她说我很可爱。她是认为我太矮而且太孩子气!

  B: You blew her comment out of proportion.

  你把她的说法讲得太夸张了。

  1) embarrassed  (a.) 感到尴尬的

  2) kind of 有一点,有几分

  3) blow…… out of proportion (v.) 夸大其词。proportion 是“比例” .

  4) all of a sudden 突然间

  5) in common 共同