和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语学习 > 英语口语

正文

真是有点俗气的表达

2008-08-20来源:
    Sue:   He named it after you.

  苏:   他用你的名字取的。

  Rose: So?

  柔丝:所以咧?

  Sue:   That's kind of 1) cheesy. He 2) obviously likes you.

  苏:   真是有点俗气。他很明显在喜欢你。

  Rose: He wrote it in college! It has nothing to do with me!

  柔丝:他是在大学的时候写的!跟我一点关系都没有!

  Sue:   So maybe it's 3) fate! Like he knew he would meet you someday!

  苏:   那这或许是缘分啰!好像他早就知道有一天会遇见你!

  Rose: You're more of a hopeless romantic than I am.

  柔丝:你比我还更是无可救药的浪漫主义者。

  Sue:   What are you waiting for? I want to hear it!

  苏:   你在等什么?我要听!

  Rose: Okay, okay! (She plays the music)

  柔丝:好啦!好啦!(播放音乐)

  语言详解

  A: That show was so cheesy.

  那节目真是俗到家了。

  B: Yeah. That's why all the girls were crying.

  对啊。那就是为什么女孩子看了都在哭。

  “be named after…… 以(某人的名字)被命名”

  为了表示敬意或怀念,美国人经常用已故亲人的名字为孩子命名。这种情况在台湾很少发生在人身上,但用在马路、建筑物的情形则相当普遍。

  A: I was named after my German grandfather.

  我以我的德国祖父命名。

  B: No wonder I can't pronounce your name!

  难怪我不会念你的名字!

  1)  cheesy  (a.) 俗气的

  2)  obviously (adv.) 明显地

  3)  fate (n.) 命运