和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语学习 > 英语口语

正文

见面、分手时的表达

2008-08-21来源:

  见到您我很高兴。
  I'm glad to meet you.
  I'm glad to meet you. (见到您我很高兴。)
  So am I. (我也很高兴。)
  I'm glad to meet you. (认识您我很高兴。)
  The feeling is mutual. (我也很高兴。)
  Glad to meet you.
  Good to meet you.
  I'm pleased to meet you.
  I'm pleased to meet you. (能认识您,我很高兴。)
  Pleased to meet you, too. (能认识您,我也很高兴。)
  I'm really happy that I could meet you.
  I'm really happy that I could meet you. (能认识您我觉得非常高兴。)
  Same here. (我也很高兴。)
  能认识您我感到非常荣幸。
  It's an honor for me to meet you.
  I'm Harrison Ford. (我是哈里森·福特。)
  It's an honor for me to meet you. (能认识您我感到非常荣幸。)
  请叫我……
  Please call me……
  Nice to meet you, Mr. Smith. (史密斯先生,很高兴认识您。)
  Please call me John. (请叫我约翰。)
  我们是不是在哪儿见过面?
  Don't I know you from somewhere?
  Don't I know you from somewhere? (我们是不是在哪儿见过面?)
  No, I don't think so. (不,我想没见过。)
  Haven't we met (somewhere) before?
  Haven't we met somewhere (before)?
  Don't I know you? (你不认识我吗?)
  You look familiar. (你看上去很面熟。)
  想起来了吗?
  Remember?
  Do you know that man? (你认识那个男人?)
  He's my father. Remember? (他是我父亲,想起来了吗?)
  Do you remember?
  Don't you remember? (你不记得了?)
  啊!对了,你是史密斯先生。
  Oh, yeah, you're Mr. Smith!
  Oh, yeah, I do know you. (哦,是的,我认识你。)
  I know you, but I forgot your name. (我认识你,可是我忘了你叫什么。)
  我不敢肯定,也许在哪儿见过。
  I'm not sure. Maybe.
  It's possible. (我不肯定,可能吧?)
  What's your name again? (你叫什么来着?)
  不,我想不是这样的。
  No, I don't think so.
  No, I'm afraid not.
  No, I don't believe so.
  这是我们第一次见面。
  This is the first time we have met.
  Have you two met? (你们俩人见过?)
  No, this is the first time we have met. (没见过,这是我们第一次见面。)
  We've never met before. (我们以前从来没见过。)
  鲍勃是你的老朋友吗?
  Is Bob an old friend of yours?
  Is Bob an old friend of yours? (鲍勃是你的老朋友吗?)
  Yes, I met him twenty years ago in America. (是的,我是20年前在美国认识他的。)
  我想不起来他叫什么名字了。
  I can't remember his name.
  I can't remember his name. (我想不起来他叫什么名字了。)
  Neither can I. (我也想不起来了。)
  I can't recall his name. His name escapes me.
  这事全拜托你了。
  I leave it entirely to your kind consideration. *consideration “体贴、照顾”。
  I'll leave it up to you. 直译是“(工作或决定等)全都靠你了”。
  Please consider it. *consider同think about,即“考虑”、“细想”。
  I'd appreciate it if you could consider it.
  我叫约翰·希恩。
  I'm John Sheehan.
  My name is John Sheehan.
  My name's John Sheehan.
  ●和初次见面的人交谈
  您是哪里人?
  Where are you from?
  My country has a lot of mountains…… (我的家乡有很多山……)
  Oh, yeah? Where are you from? (哦,是吗?您是哪儿人?)
  Where are you from? (您是哪里人?)
  I'm from Japan. (我是日本人。)
  我是加拿大人。
  I'm from Canada.
  我从加拿大来。
  I come from Canada. *①I'm from Canada.和②I come from Canada.的意思几乎一样。但是②含有两种意思:一种是“自加拿大来,但并非是加拿大籍”;另一种意思是“我是加拿大人”。
  I was born in Canada. (我出生在加拿大。)
  Chicago is my hometown. (我的故乡是芝加哥。)
  你觉得日本怎么样?
  How do you like Japan?
  What do you think about Japan?
  我很喜欢。
  I like it.
  是个好地方。
  It's a good place.
  你都去过日本的哪些地方?
  Where have you been in Japan?
  你现在住在哪儿?
  Where do you live now?
  我住在东京。
  I live in Tokyo.
  您是来度假的吗?
  Are you here on vacation? *on business是“因公”,on vacation是“度假”。
  Are you vacationing?
  Are you here for a vacation?
  Is this a pleasure trip?
  Are you here on business or for pleasure? (您来这是工作还是游玩?)
  我是来工作的。
  I'm here on business.
  My trip is business related. (我的旅行和工作有关。)
  I'm on a business trip.
  您来日本多长时间了?
  How long have you been in Japan?
  How long have you been in Japan? (您来日本多长时间了?)
  I just arrived last week. (上星期刚来。)
  How long have you been in Japan? (您来日本多长时间了?)
  About three years. (大概3年左右了。)
  4个月左右。
  About four months.
  你习惯日本的生活了吗?
  Are you used to life in Japan? *be used to “习惯”,注意“d”不发音。
  Are you used to life in Japan? (你习惯日本的生活了吗?)
  No, not yet. (没有,还不习惯。)
  Have you gotten used to life in Japan?
  Have you grown accustomed to Japan?
  你在日本呆到什么时候?
  How long will you be in Japan?
  How long will you be in Japan? (你在日本呆到什么时候?)
  Until next month. (呆到下个月。)
  How long do you plan to stay?
  呆到12月。
  Until December.
  你说日语吗?
  Do you speak Japanese?
  Do you speak Japanese? (你说日语吗?)
  Unfortunately, no. (很遗憾,我不会。)
  Can you speak Japanese? (你能说日语吗?)
  Are you a Japanese speaker?
  只会一点儿。
  A little.
  Just a little.
  Some. (一点儿。)
  我一点儿都不会说。
  I can't speak Japanese at all. *not……at all “一点都不……”。
  我会一点儿日常会话。
  I know (everyday) conversational Japanese.
  你是在哪儿学的日语?
  Where did you learn Japanese?
  在学校。
  At school.
  我自学的。
  I learned it on my own. *on my own “自学”、“靠自己的力量”。
  I learned it by myself. *by oneself “一个人”、“靠自己的力量”。
  你什么时候过生日?
  When's your birthday?
  When's your birthday? (你什么时候过生日?)
  It's May 24th. (5月24日。)
  ●有关工作
  你了解他的背景吗?
  Do you know his background?
  Do you know his background? (你了解他的背景吗?)
  I know very little about him. (我一点儿也不了解。)
  我在一家电脑公司工作。
  I work for a computer company.
  我是国家公务员。
  I'm a government employee.
  我是个体经营者。
  I'm self-employed.
  你在哪个部门工作?
  Which department do you work for?
  I work for ABC Company. (我在ABC公司工作。)
  Which department do you work for? (你在哪个部门工作?)
  搞销售的。
  Sales.
  这个工作你做了多长时间了?
  How long have you been doing that job?
  10年了。
  For 10 years.
  你的公司在哪儿?
  Where is your company?
  Where is your company located?
  在新宿。
  In Shinjuku.
  上下班路上要花多长时间?
  How long does it take (you) to commute? *commute “上班,上学”。
  1个小时左右。
  About one hour.
  Around one hour.
  It takes about one hour.
  About an hour.
  你怎么去上班?
  How do you get to work?
  How do you go to work?
  我坐地铁。
  I ride the subway.
  I use the subway.
  I take the subway.
  我正在调工作。
  I'm changing jobs.
  我正在找工作。
  I'm job hunting now.
  I'm looking for work now.
  我明年退休。
  I'm retiring next year.
  我现在失业了。
  I'm out of work now. *out of work “失业”。
  I don't have a job now.
  I'm not working right now.
  I'm unemployed. (现在失业了。)
  ●有关学校
  你是学生吗?
  Are you a student?
  Are you a student? (你是学生吗?)
  No, I've already finished school. (不是,我已经毕业了。)
  Do you go to school? (你还在上学吗?)
  我是个大学生。
  I'm a college student. *在美国,college指包括university在内的大学。
  I'm a junior college student. (我是大专生。)
  I go to a vocational school. (我上职业专科学校。)
  I go to a cram school. (我上的是补习学校。)
  我正在学习英文。
  I'm studying English.
  我毕业于明治大学。
  I went to Meiji University.
  你上的哪所大学?
  Where did you go to college? *college 指的一般大学。
  Where did you go to college? (你上的哪所大学?)
  I went to Harvard University. (我上的是哈佛大学。)
  你上什么学校?
  What school do you go to?
  Which school do you go to?
  我上……大学。
  I go to……university. *elementary school “小学”,junior high school “中学”,high school “高中”。
  你上几年级了?
  What year are you in? *这句主要是问高中和大学的年级。如果是问小学生的话,应该用What grade are you in?
  我上一年级。
  I'm a freshman. *在美国的高中和大学1年级是freshman,2年级是sophomore,3年级是junior,4年级是senior.在美国没有初中的情况很多。在小学用I'm in first grade.表示1年级,I'm in second grade.表示2年级。
  我明年毕业。
  I'll graduate next year.
  I'm graduating next year.
  你的专业是什么?
  What's your major?
  What do you major in?
  What are you studying? (你是学什么的?)
  我的专业是英语
  I'm an English major.
  I major in English.
  你参加哪个俱乐部?
  What club are you in?
  What club do you belong to?
  我在滑雪俱乐部。
  I'm in the ski club.
  你在打工吗?
  Do you have a part-time job? *小时工是a part time job,正式职工是a full-time worker.
  Do you have a part-time job? (你在打工吗?)
  Yes, I'm a tutor. I work three times a week. (嗯,我做家教,一星期教三次。)
  Do you work part-time? (你在做小时工吗?)
  我一个星期去一次书店做收银员。
  I work at a bookstore as a cashier once a week.
  毕业以后你打算做什么?
  What are your plans after graduation?
  What are your plans after graduation? (毕业以后你打算做什么?)
  I haven't decided yet. (我还没有决定。)
  What are you going to do after you graduate?
  ●有关家庭
  你家有几口人?
  How many people are in your family?
  I have a large family. (我家是个大家庭。)
  How many people are in your family? (你家有几口人?)
  四口人。
  Four people.
  父母和我的妹妹。
  My parents and my younger sister.
  你有兄弟姐妹吗?
  Any brothers or sisters?
  Any brothers or sisters? (你有兄弟姐妹吗?)
  No, none. (没有,一个也没有。)
  Do you have any brothers or sisters?
  Any siblings? *文言表达方式。sibling指“兄弟姐妹”。
  只有一个哥哥(弟弟)。
  Just one brother. *just和only都表示“只有,只”。想明确表示哥哥时用older brother,弟弟用younger brother.英语中一般不把兄弟或姐妹加以区分。
  I just have one brother.
  你和父母住在一起吗?
  Do you live with your parents?
  我一个人住。
  I live alone.
  我住在公寓里。
  I live in an apartment.
  你结婚了吗?
  Are you married?
  Are you married? (你结婚了吗?)
  Yes, I'm married. (是的,我结婚了。)
  不,还没有。
  No, not yet.
  Do you have any children? (你有孩子吗?)
  No, not yet. (不,还没有。)
  Nope. (没,没有。)
  Neah. (哪有啊。)
  我有对象了。
  I have a fiance。 *fiance来自于法语,严格地来讲fiance是“未婚夫”;fiancee是“未婚妻”。两者后缀不同,发音一样。
  我打算明年结婚。
  I'm going to get married next year.
  我结婚了。
  I'm married. *“独身”用I'm single表示。
  我订婚了。
  I'm engaged.
  有孩子吗?
  Any children?
  Any children? (有孩子吗?)
  I have one of each. (我有一个男孩,一个女孩。)
  Do you have any children?
  我有两个男孩。
  I have two boys.
  I have two sons. (我有两个儿子。)
  我有一个女儿,在上小学。
  I have one daughter in elementary school.
  我没有孩子。
  I don't have any children.
  ●有关兴趣和爱好
  你有什么爱好?
  What are your hobbies?
  What are your hobbies? (你有什么爱好?)
  I play golf. (我的爱好是打高尔夫球。)
  你有点什么爱好吗?
  Do you have any hobbies?
  业余时间你都干什么?
  What do you do when you have free time?
  What do you do when you have free time?
  (业余时间你都干什么?)
  Nothing much. (不干什么。)
  我喜欢看电影。
  I like to watch movies.
  I enjoy watching movies.
  你喜欢看什么样的电影?
  What kind of movies do you like?
  What kind of movies do you like? (你喜欢看什么样的电影?)
  Any kind. (什么都爱看。)
  你的钢琴弹得真好。
  You're a good pianist.
  You play the piano well.
  你喜欢哪种运动?
  What kind of sports do you like?
  你滑了多长时间雪了?
  How long have you been skiing?
  我只是喜欢看。
  I just like to watch.
  Do you play baseball? (你打棒球吗?)
  No, I just like to watch. (不,我只是喜欢看。)
  I only watch.
  我是棒球迷。
  I'm a baseball fan.
  I'm a fan of baseball.
  我喜欢打高尔夫球。
  I like to play golf.
  你练习过健美操吗?
  Have you ever done aerobics?
  Have you ever done aerobics? (你练过健美操吗?)
  No way. (怎么可能!)
  Have you done aerobics before?
  你对什么感兴趣?
  What are your interests? *interest “爱好”、“关心的事”。
  What are your interests? (你对什么感兴趣?)
  I'm interested in art. (我对美术感兴趣。)
  What are your interested in?
  What kind of things are you interested in?
  What do you like?
  我从没做过。
  I've never done that.
  I've never done that before.
  That was the first time for me. (我可是头一次。)
  你去国外旅行过吗?
  Have you ever traveled abroad?
  Have you ever traveled abroad? (你去国外旅行过吗?)
  Yes, twice. (是的,去过两次。)
  Have you been overseas? (你去国外旅行过吗?)
  你去哪儿了?
  Where have you been?
  我去美国和德国了。
  I've been to the U.S. and Germany.
  下次你想去哪儿?
  Where do you want to go next?
  Where do you want to go next? (下次你想去哪儿?)
  No place particular. (没有什么特别的地方。)
  ●有关年龄、身高和体重
  你多大了?
  How old are you? *在美国,出于礼貌是不问别人的年龄、体重和身高的。除非是自己比较熟悉的人,最好回避提这些问题。
  I'm not old enough to drive. (我还不到开车的年龄。)
  How old are you? (你多大了?)
  I can't drink alcohol yet. (我还不能喝酒。)
  How old are you? (你多大了?)
  May I ask how old you are? (我可以问您的年龄吗?)
  May I ask your age? (我可以问您的年龄吗?) *比较礼貌的说法。
  我48岁。
  I'm forty-eight.
  你的体重是多少?
  How much do you weigh?
  What's your weight?
  75公斤左右。
  About seventy-five kilograms. *美国不用公制单位,而用pound磅(1磅大约453克,复数是pounds)。
  我重164磅。
  I weigh a-hundred-sixty-four pounds.
  I weigh 164 Ibs. *Ibs.读为pounds.
  你有多高?
  How tall are you?
  What's your height?
  1米80左右。
  About one-hundred-eighty centimeters. *美国不用公制单位,而用foot英尺计算(1英尺大约30厘米,复数是feet;1英大约是2.5厘米,复数是inches)。
  我身高5英尺3寸。
  I'm five feet three inches tall.
  I'm 5'3〃 tall.
  I'm five three. *口语中常用这种省略说法。
  ●有关天气
  今天真热呀!
  It's very hot today, isn't it? *isn't it? 带有“真……呀!”的语感。
  Isn't it hot today?
  Today's a scorcher. *scorcher 为口语,“太阳火辣辣的天气”。
  天气炎热。
  It's blistering hot.
  It's extremely hot.
  今天的天气真好!
  It's a fine day today.
  It's beautiful today.
  It's nice today.
  明天的天气怎么样?
  What's the forecast for tomorrow?
  What's the forecast for tomorrow? (明天的天气怎么样?)
  It's going to be cold. (会冷吧。)
  What will the weather be like tomorrow?
  What's the weather going to be tomorrow?
  What's tomorrow's forecast?
  今天的天气怎么样?
  How's the weather today?
  How's the weather today? (今天的天气怎么样?)
  It's hot. (今天很热。)
  今天会下雨吗?
  Is it going to rain today?
  Is it going to rain today?(今天会下雨吗?)
  I doubt it. (我想不会。)
  好像要下雨。
  We're expecting some rain.
  It's going to rain.
  It's supposed to rain.
  Rain is expected.
  I heard it might rain. (我听说今天可能下雨。)
  下雨了。
  It's raining.
  今天会下雨吧!
  It's going to rain today.
  It will rain today.
  今天很热。
  It's hot today.
  今天很暖和。
  It's warm today.
  It's a warm day.
  今天很冷。
  It's cold today.
  It's cold today. (今天很冷。)
  It sure is. (就是。)
  今天冷嗖嗖的。
  It's chilly today.
  It's cool today.
  It's nippy today.
  今天风很大。
  It's windy today.
  It's a windy day.
  今天很闷热。
  It's humid.
  It's really humid today. (今天很闷啊!)
  Yeah, my body is sweaty. (是呀,我浑身都是汗。)
  气候干燥。
  It's dry.
  It's wet today. (今天像要下雨。)
  It's rainy today. (今天像要下雨。)
  暴风雨天气。
  It's stormy.
  There is going to be a storm today. (今天将有暴风雨。)
  下雪了。
  It's snowing.
  It's snowing. (下雪了。)
  Yeah! Let's go skiing. (太好了!我们去滑雪吧。)
  天阴沉沉的。
  It's gloomy.
  It's cloudy. (阴天。)
  看样子我们会遇上雷阵雨。
  It looks like we are going to have a thunder shower.
  台风快到了。
  A typhoon is coming.
  Why are you taping your windows? (干吗往窗户上贴胶条?)
  A typhoon is coming. (台风快到了。)
  A typhoon is on its way.
  起雾了。
  It's foggy.
  冷得像要结冰了。
  It's freezing.
  It's very cold today. (今天非常寒冷。)
  快要下暴风雨了。
  We're going to have a blizzard.
  这天真舒服。
  It's pleasant.
  It's comfortable. (这天真舒服。)
  It's a nice day. (真是个好天。)
  今天风和日丽。
  It's mild today. *mild 表示气候“温暖的,温和的”。
  It's a mild day.
  雾蒙蒙的。
  It's misty.
  今天阴天。
  It's overcast today.
  Let's go sunbathing. (我们去做日光浴吧。)
  But, it's overcast today. (可是,今天阴天。)
  It's cloudy today.
  糟糕的天气。
  It's miserable.
  It's a terrible day.
  It's an awful day.
  我怕热。
  I'm sensitive to heat. *sensitive “容易感觉到的,敏感的”。
  今天风和日丽。
  It's breezy today.
  It's a breezy day.
  今天的天气让人不舒服。
  It's uncomfortable today.
  It's unpleasant today.
  热死我了。
  The heat is killing me.
  下了瓢泼大雨。
  It's raining cats and dogs! *用cat (猫)和dog (狗)来表示瓢泼大雨。可以说cats and dogs,却不能反过来说成dogs and cats.
  下霜了。
  It's frosty today.
  It's a frosty day.