和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语学习 > 英语口语

正文

《英语口语王》第3部分:第六章人在职场

2008-08-27来源:

我以前经常上夜班。 I used to work at night.

◆I don’t mind working at night. 我不介意在晚上工作。

A: Do you mind working on the night shift?

你介意上夜班吗?

B: No. I used to work at night. 不介意,我以前经常上夜班。

你为什么要放弃目前的工作? Why are you leaving your present job?

A: Why are you leaving your present job?

你为什么要放弃目前的工作?

B: Management changed and we didn’t get along.

经理换人,而我们相处不好。

这个职务的头衔是什么? What title will the position have?

A: What title will the position have?

这个职务的头衔是什么?

B: The title will be an assistant to general manager.

总经理助理。

每天工作多长时间? What are the working hours each day?

A: What are the working hours each day?

每天工作多长时间?

B: From nine to five, with one hour rest from noon to one.

朝九晚五,中午12点到1点是休息时间。

我需要加班吗? Do I need to work overtime?

A: Do I need to work overtime? 我需要加班吗?

B: We seldom work overtime. 我们很少加班。

我得先试用你三个月。 I’ll have to take you on three month’s probation first.

◆The first three months is a probation period.

最初三个月是试用期。

A: How long is my probation? 我的试用期多长?

B: I’ll have to take you on three month’s probation first.

我得先试用你三个月。

工作情绪 ▼上司批评

我专门让你做的,你不记得了吗? I asked you specifically. Don’t you remember?

A: I asked you specifically. Don’t you remember?

我专门让你做的,你不记得了吗?

B: I’m really sorry. I really don’t remember that.

实在对不起,我的确想不起来了。

我又被经理骂了。 The manager let me have it again.

=The manager chewed me out again.

A: The manager let me have it again. 我又被经理骂了。

B: I wonder why the manager is so hard on you.

不晓得经理为什么对你这么严格?

经理的性格是不是有问题呀? The manager has a personality problem, doesn’t he?

A: The manager has a personality problem, doesn’t he?

经理的性格是不是有问题呀?

B: Why do you get blamed? It was his mistake.

为什么要责备你?那是他自己的错!

我受不了经理的颐指气使。 I can’t stand being bossed around by the manager.

A: Why are you so upset? 你为什么这么生气呢?

B: I can’t stand being bossed around by the manager.

我受不了经理的颐指气使。

我熟练之后就会做得快一点了。 I’ll be much faster if I’m familiar with it.

◆This is all new to me. 对我来说一切都是陌生的。

A: Have you finished it? I need it in a flash.

你做完了吗?我急着要。

B: I’ll be much faster if I’m familiar with it.

我熟练之后就会做得快一点了。